Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    If it turns out to be as good as it sounds so far, they'll simply be finally delivering on the promise of "huge low end power" that they advertised in early marketing materials. Only seems fair to help us early adopters out who would have gladly paid a bit extra for the upgrade option if it had been available.
    I'm with you. I'm generally happy with the turbo system. When the boost comes online the jeep is a rocketship. I cant' fathom the feel of being on boost throughout the entire functional driving range, if boost is achieved at or below 2000rpm. I would/will be first in line to try out the new precision turbo if it is either direct replacement or minimal effort to swap.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=1&theater

I was told that this was with 2 adults in the Jeep and at 83*F

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=1&theater

I was told that this was with 2 adults in the Jeep and at 83*F

That's ridiculously fast. At that point you're as fast or faster than many many sports cars. Cars meant for speed.

Some excaples under/around $40k:

Hyundai Genesis 3.8 R-spec coupe, $34k, 348hp, 5.0 seconds
    Chrysler 300 SRT8, $5k 470hp, 4.3 seconds
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evoluation GSR, $42k, 4.8 seconds
    Chevy Camaro SS1LE 43k 4.3 seconds
    Ford Mustang GT PRemium $40k 4.3 seconds
    Subaru impresa WRX Special Edition, $30k, 4.7 seconds

The Precision Turbo option has delivered excellent performance for us so far. This is a much more aggressive setup. Fuel economy is down some but maybe that's because I can't keep my foot out of it. It truly is sports car fast. I am trying to get the time to make some video of the setup so people can experience what the system looks like piece by piece and what it sounds like. Prodigy Performance has delivers best in class performance. Videos soon to come. Do some research on Precision Turbo. All of the big names in High HP run Precision units. Garrett in my opinion is considered a reliable workhorse where as Precision is considered a more Extreme performance Version. IMO

We will also be testing a performance torque converter with a higher stall speed. I am expecting this to lower 0-60 times even further. (sub 4s although traction will now be a big factor) We also expect this to bring the Prodigy Jeep into the 12 second quarter mile times! (currently 13.3) I am being very careful to remain consistent on testing numbers and not to ever skew the results as to never deceive the public. If you have any questions let me know. As for now the schedule goes as follows.

1. Video 0-60
    2. Video product walk through
    3. Video sound clips
    4. Dyno with Precision turbo at stage 2 boost level set by wastegate spring 0.5bar (no boost controller)
    5. Install torque converter
    6. Video track runs and achieve first World's First Wrangler in the 12s
    7. Install boost controller, return to dyno and achieve World's first Wrangler over 400RWHP ++++

Piece of cake. As long as you have a Prodigy Turbo kit LOL

This just keeps getting more interesting/exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    We will also be testing a performance torque converter with a higher stall speed.
    No love for us with manual transmission Jeeps? Is there any possibility for improvements, such as:

* Clutch and flywheel kit (stronger clutch, lighter flywheel). The stock flywheel must be very heavy, because a Dodge Caravan with the same exact engine free-revs like a Formula 1 car compared to my Wrangler. It would be interesting to try to reach a good compromise between lighter flywheel, while still reasonably resisting stalling in slow off-road situations.

* Mods to the manual trans to make it shift more quickly? I think it takes me almost a full second to shift from 1st to 2nd gear because of the long throw and how long it takes for the 2nd gear synchros to do their job. Maybe I just need to be more forceful to make the shift happen faster?

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    7. Install boost controller, return to dyno and achieve World's first Wrangler over 400RWHP ++++
    Do you expect to achieve this reliably on stock engine internals, or is this where the forged pistons become necessary/recommended?

You seem to have left a very important step out of your schedule: Send UselessPickles a Precision turbo for back-to-back dyno comparison between the Garrett and Precision on the same vehicle, same dyno I also need to make a boost curve chart for the Precision.

You seem to have left a very important step out of your schedule: Send UselessPickles a Precision turbo for back-to-back dyno comparison between the Garrett and Precision on the same vehicle, same dyno I also need to make a boost curve chart for the Precision.
    *raises hand*

Jeeplab's Prodigy turbo has been on the dnyo thrice and will gladly take Pickle's system and test it first!

Seriously though - I'm highly considering picking one up as MPG doesn't concern me (though mine actually improved with the turbo) and drive-ability is everything. Keep us updated.

pickles jeep is a 2 door soft top right? stock wheels? Pretty much every other jeep in america is heavier than that rig. I think its unrealistic to say that a prodigy turbo promises a 4.24 0-60.

Snarf's turbo on the other hand, lifted with 37s would be more of a barometer for the rest of us. Snarf hook up your unit and see if you get what pickles got.

Because of how much variation there is in mods, tire size, 2 vs 4 doors, etc, no one can promise any specific acceleration performance numbers for any performance mod. Prodigy is not promising YOUR jeep will do 0-60 in 4.24s. What Prodigy is doing, though, is testing with a stock 2-door Wrangler, which is a solid baseline configuration of the vehicle. This allows you to compare to reported 0-60 and 1/4 mile results from car websites/magazines (which are also based on stock vehicles).

Stock 2-door Wranglers are reported to do 0-60 in the 6.8-7.2s range, and 1/4 mile around 15.5-15.8s.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    pickles jeep ...
    ... see if you get what pickles got.
    I did not get this 4.24s 0-60. This is Prodigy's test Jeep with a new/different turbo than what Snarf and I have. It's also an automatic transmission, which is faster than the manual transmission (both Snarf and I have manuals).