I forgot to mention that when you are at higher rpms where the turbo is capable of producing larger amounts of boost, cruising at a steady speed, then punch the throttle, the Precision reacts more quickly than the Garrett. Less lag in that sense.

As a $495 upgrade option at the time of the initial purchase of the turbo kit, it is definitely worth the money.

As a $1350 stand-alone purchase for the new turbo to replace an existing Garrett... it really depends. If you can easily afford it and the part-throttle low-to-mid rpm driving with the Garrett annoys due to the way it lags at low rpms, I think you'll be happy with the purchase. If you're expecting to be blown away with big acceleration when you step on the throttle below 3000 rpm, you will be disappointed. If you are operating on a tight budget and have other things you want to do with the money, and you are satisfied with how the Garret is working for you, then spend your money elsewhere.

If I discover that I'm low on boost due to an install problem (exhaust leak, etc), and I find away to regain that 1 psi of boost I think I may be missing, some of my analysis may change.