Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    do we have a JL 0-60?

I dont have access to the JL Turbo. Snarf has it, but im not sure his diablo unit does 0-60s like the one i used when i did the RIPP 0-60.

Snarf....also is very gentle with Jesse's Girl.

Maybe if we all plead he will hook up a video cam and drop the hammer for us.

The InTune (handheld tuner that comes with the Prodigy kit) does not do 0-60 or any other performance measurements like the Trinity does.

If you have an Android phone/tablet, you can get a bluetooth OBDII adapter and purchase the "Torque" app, which uses the OBDII adapter for monitoring, data logging, and also does 0-60 and 1/4 mile measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The InTune (handheld tuner that comes with the Prodigy kit) does not do 0-60 or any other performance measurements like the Trinity does.

If you have an Android phone/tablet, you can get a bluetooth OBDII adapter and purchase the "Torque" app, which uses the OBDII adapter for monitoring, data logging, and also does 0-60 and 1/4 mile measurements.
    I have a BT adapter and paid torque app. I might have to do a 0-60 video. Depends on how much i value my clutch. I'm guessing its around 6 seconds or perhaps just under. But..my guess means nothing. its truly all about the launch and a 1st to second shift. I think the real beauty of the turbo is the passing performance..call it 20-60 or 30-90. That's where your drive-ability comes into play.

Just saw the video Lil red on drag strip posted on prodigy facebook site (impressive ) 13.2 sec.

i dont know if its pression 6266 because it's look like but it may have prodigy special modified compressor or turbine.

Let's wait for the upgrade price.

Anyway i will remove my kit because summer just started here and the temp reaching above 100F. I will fix some bent area and may be apply a ceramic coat to the exhaust rather than wrap it For the next season (might be with the mighty pression setup and some real tune).

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I have a BT adapter and paid torque app. I might have to do a 0-60 video. Depends on how much i value my clutch. I'm guessing its around 6 seconds or perhaps just under. But..my guess means nothing. its truly all about the launch and a 1st to second shift. I think the real beauty of the turbo is the passing performance..call it 20-60 or 30-90. That's where your drive-ability comes into play.
    Gotta get there in second gear or you have no shot at 6 seconds. I was only ever under 6 seconds COMPLETELY pushing 2nd gear into the red. If you have to shift again, you will not make it.

I think you might be screwed regardless with 4.88s. You might not do 60 in second gear.... Pickles? the math?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I think you might be screwed regardless with 4.88s. You might not do 60 in second gear.... Pickles? the math?
    Depends on tire size. I hit 64 mph at the end of 2nd gear with my 3.21 gears and 28.5" (actual size) stock tires.

So a quick calculation shows that you would need at least 40.6" (actual size) tires to hit 60 mph in 2nd with 4.88s

Here's a picture of the Precision turbo:

click for full size

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=1&theater

And here's a teaser video Prodigy posted on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=2&theater

A bit unrelated, but still a new thing from Prodigy, is that they now use TIG welding for their pipes:

click for full size

Source: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...type=1&theater

Looks quite a bit nicer than the welds on my pipes. I've been told that the pipes cost quite a bit more to manufacture now because of this. I'm guessing this has something to do with the increased prices for the turbo kits on their website.

Some new details about the Precision turbo...

• It's a $495 upgrade option at the time of purchase of a turbo kit.
    • If you already have a turbo kit with the Garrett, it costs $1350 to purchase the Precision turbo by itself.
    • Unlike the Garrett, the anti-surge porting on the Precision is not optional for the sake of appearances only. It's actually required to avoid compressor surge at lower engine speeds (see holes all around the compressor inlet in the picture I posted earlier).
    • Prodigy reports that you really feel the Precision "kick in" at about 2000 rpm, compared to the Garrett having a similar feeling at about 3000 rpm. Note that this does not indicate where the turbo starts making max/target boost. In a 2nd gear acceleration, my data logs show target boost with the Garrett at about 4000 rpm: http://www.uselesspickles.com/files/...ar_update2.png. The quick increase in acceleration as boost quickly ramps up is what you really notice/"feel". Since the Precision should spool up more quickly (in addition to at lower rpm) than the Garrett, I'm predicting full/target boost around 2500 rpm in a 2nd gear acceleration.
    • Prodigy reports that the Precision makes similar peak power in the upper rpm range as the Garrett (about 370 whp +/-). So quicker spooling, more boost/torque/acceleration at lower rpms, without sacrificing the high rpm rush.

And the most exciting piece of info about the Precision turbo: I decided to take one for the team, bite the expensive bullet, and order one to experience for myself. When it arrives, I'll start a new thread and post pictures I'll take some side-by-side comparison pics of the Garrett vs Precision when I do the install. One of the first things I'll do after the install is create a new 2nd gear acceleration boost chart so we can see exactly how much sooner/quicker the Precision really spools up.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Some new details about the Precision turbo...

[list][*]It's a $495 upgrade option at the time of purchase of a turbo kit.
    [*]If you already have a turbo kit with the Garrett, it costs $1350 to purchase the Precision turbo by itself.
    [*]Unlike the Garrett, the anti-surge porting on the Precision is not optional for the sake of appearances only. It's actually required to avoid compressor surge at lower engine speeds (see holes all around the compressor inlet in the picture I posted earlier).
    [*]Prodigy reports that you really feel the Precision "kick in" at about 2000 rpm, compared to the Garrett having a similar feeling at about 3000 rpm. Note that this does not indicate where the turbo starts making max/target boost. In a 2nd gear acceleration, my data logs show target ]

And the most exciting piece of info about the Precision turbo: I decided to take one for the team, bite the expensive bullet, and order one to experience for myself. When it arrives, I'll start a new thread and post pictures I'll take some side-by-side comparison pics of the Garrett vs Precision when I do the install. One of the first things I'll do after the install is create a new 2nd gear acceleration boost chart so we can see exactly how much sooner/quicker the Precision really spools up.

Sweet. Looking forward to it.