Prodigy agrees with my assessment that lower boost with the Precision turbo compared to the Garrett is normal due to increased exhaust pressure from the design of the Precision that gives it faster spooling at lower rpms.

Now I'm waiting on a response as to whether it would be safe to bump the boost levels back up into the mid 8 psi range using a manual boost controller. I'm thinking of maybe even returning to the stage 1 wastegate spring and using a boost controller to set boost to the mid 8 psi range. This should theoretically give me better response/spooling. The boost controller combined with a lighter wastegate spring should hold the wastegate closed longer than a heavier wastegate spring alone.

BTW - The more I drive the Jeep without focusing on trying to notice improvements over the Garret, the more that I'm actually noticing/enjoying improvements. I've even noticed improvements in part-throttle acceleration in the 1000-2000 rpm range. When I stop thinking about trying to compare, I just find myself smoothly driving around, sometimes at lower rpms than I usually would, downshifting less, upshifting sooner, etc.

At this point, it's been so long since my Jeep was stock that I have absolutely no idea how this low rpm acceleration compares to the stock engine. I need to find someone with a manual transmission base model 2-door sport to do some back-to-back comparisons.