Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
1) Transmission Dyno-- let's find out if the 6spd manual gearbox is even close to the advertised specs.
Advertised specs are that it can handle 370 N-m input torque (273 lb-ft). There are already plenty of people running bolt-on FI kits that produce anywhere from 300 lb-ft up to 410 lb-ft *measured at the wheels* without any reported problems about the transmission, so it's already known to exceed the specs. What would you want to do with a transmission dyno? Just find the failure point, destroying the transmission in the process?

5) Water-Methanol Injection System
There's really no point to this if you're not also going to custom tune to take advantage of it. It would allow you to run more boost and/or more advanced timing and/or leaner fuel with increased resistance to detonation, to make more power.

The beauty of the bolt-on FI kits is that someone else has already invested the time/money into tuning, and has tuned it to levels that they feel are safe enough to to have confidence that they can produce and sell the kit in fairly large volumes, risking their company's reputation if they got it wrong. I wouldn't want to take the risk of pushing my bolt-on kit beyond that. I bet most people feel the same.

6) Blue Print the 3.6L Pentastar.. This could be really fun... Think about all the aftermarket parts you could test out...
Blueprint it to what specs? What would be the benefit? What aftermarket parts? There's essentially zero aftermarket support for Pentastar internal parts from what I can find.

What I understand of blueprinting is that it's really just machining all the parts to more exact specs (greatly reducing tolerances). This is most beneficial to large racing teams that need to have multiple back-up parts and even complete engines to do quick repairs/re-builds/replacements at the track, or in between races, and have guaranteed consistent fit and performance (no time to fine tune and calibrate things).

I suppose it would make it easier to have completely custom parts made to fit your engine if you had more exact specs to order against, but we're really getting it to major high-dollar mods with this. This isn't something that people in the Jeep community are going to do. If you want to spend large amounts of money on engine mods, you're better of converting to an LS engine, which does have lots of aftermarket support already.

7) Custom Cams
Why? Customized differently than stock in what way? Custom cams does not automatically mean "better". It just changes how the engine delivers power through the rpm range. What is the design of the stock cams (where does it concentrate torque, etc)? How would you change it? What about the VVT system? That's probably fine tuned to complement the OEM cams. How would you either keep the custom cams within "spec" to still work well with the VVT, or customize the VVT to complement the new cams? Can the VVT system be tuned through the Diablosport CMR software? Or can the VVT system be *practically* tuned by altering/replacing actual physical components?

8) Custom Exhaust Headers
The Pentastar does not have conventional headers. They are cast directly into the head. You would need a custom head to get custom headers.

10) Atlas Transfer Case or the Rubi-Crawler Doubler... It would be fun to see if can be installed on the manual gearboxes.
Considering that the Rubi-Crawler is specifically designed to replace the tail end of the automatic transmission, it's pretty safe to say that it would be quite an undertaking to make it work with a manual (i.e., not worth it)

14) Perhaps a Whipple Supercharger? A hybrid blower might be fun to test out.
There's no Whipple system available for the Pentastar. Who's going to invest in a one-off custom intake manifold (and other supporting components, plus custom tuning) when there's already several different types of bolt-on supercharger kits available on the market?

16) Sodium -Filled Exhaust Valves and Titanium Intake Valves
Why? What's wrong with the stock valves? What benefit would there be to the new valves. Are such valves even available on the market for the Pentastar?