Close

So i drove.....CHERRY BOMB!!

Yes, i said it, and I ment it. Gary was gracious enough to bring me Cherry Bomb.

I have to say, i have named a few jeeps in my day, none more fitting than this one. The gas pedal is totally like lighting a fuse. You touch it, and BOOOM. The 392 cubic inches seem to flood with dynamite.

Your wondering about CB vs. BB? I was too. Two totally different animals. Cherry Bomb is an 800 lb gorilla of power. Power on tap. GOBS of it. Power with seemingly endless flow. Starting as soon as you touch the pedal. She moves like shes not heavy because of all the power, but the suspension shows the signs of strain in corners and braking. Some minor changes and she would fast AND nimble. Changes being a coil-over suspension with at least 2.625" shocks and tuned springs (2 per shock).

Where BB is technology and anorexia, Cherry Bomb is brute force. Both feel fast. Both routes to the same end. Both force involuntary smiles on all passengers.

Once Gary gets the suspension dialed in, I'll see if I can talk him into bringing her back and we can get them side by side on a highway.

Overall, Cherry Bomb drives like a pissed off rhino on steriods. It was a privilage to drive her.

And look what I got to drive today!!

Attachment 1588

BB really is the gold standard. Ross has me seriously considering coilovers. It'd love to have her ride qualities.

Once Ross got me confident to drop down a gear and open her up at 3,000 rpm BB took off like a rocket complete with jet engine sound! I couldn't help but smile a mile wide like a kid on Christmas.

I'll definitely be back not only to get CB next to BB on the highway but hopefully to do a project or two in the JL operating room.

Oh, and we'll get Cherry on the dyno.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0545.jpg  

Lucky!

I wish I lived closer so I could join in on things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Yes, i said it, and I ment it. Gary was gracious enough to bring me Cherry Bomb.

I have to say, i have named a few jeeps in my day, none more fitting than this one. The gas pedal is totally like lighting a fuse. You touch it, and BOOOM. The 392 cubic inches seem to flood with dynamite.

Your wondering about CB vs. BB? I was too. Two totally different animals. Cherry Bomb is an 800 lb gorilla of power. Power on tap. GOBS of it. Power with seemingly endless flow. Starting as soon as you touch the pedal. She moves like shes not heavy because of all the power, but the suspension shows the signs of strain in corners and braking. Some minor changes and she would fast AND nimble. Changes being a coil-over suspension with at least 2.625" shocks and tuned springs (2 per shock).

Where BB is technology and anorexia, Cherry Bomb is brute force. Both feel fast. Both routes to the same end. Both force involuntary smiles on all passengers.

Once Gary gets the suspension dialed in, I'll see if I can talk him into bringing her back and we can get them side by side on a highway.

Overall, Cherry Bomb drives like a pissed off rhino on steroids. It was a privilege to drive her.
    I think a road course race track on track day would be better. A place where you can time and figure what is happening with each vehicle. Plus you have a measured distance and you bring it up to 100mph or more.

http://www.njmp.com/trackdays/

Trackday might just be the ticket for BB and Cherrybomb to do a shoot out.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Lucky!

I wish I lived closer so I could join in on things like this.
    You really should move Jeff. You are missing all the fun. LOL

did we decide on a coilover suspension for Cherry Bomb?

Im close enough. We should all get together so I can drive your Jeeps.