Pickless....

The answer is more hp. It is actually a real world example. It was the first engine I ever turbocharged ( I was 13 or 14 at the time)-- a B&G 2-Cyclinder 25- 30hp gas engine with a carburetor-- I found a small turbocharger in a junkyard after searching and searching bought it as pullout unit and slapped it on to this 25-30hp gas engine... If I remember correctly the turbo produced about 450 CFM at 1-2 PSI manifold pressure. Then, I ported and polished the head of this engine and got about another 25CFM of flow from that at the same 1-2PSI manifold pressure. At 3600rpm I dyno-tested and it created at first about about 35-45hp and then with the increase in flow from the heads it created about 47-57hp at 3600rpm roughly-- if I remember correctly. I later blew it up using a nitro-methanol fuel mix from Model Airplane Engines and set the make-shift waste-gate I developed to make 5-10psi-- I didn't get to test the HP before I blew it up in the initial testing phase.

So, I know for a fact that CFM increases even small ones can really pay off big dividends in power. This is why people port and polish heads. I can take two engines port and polish the heads to clean up air flow and see massive power gains from N/A Engine! The same is true for a forced induction engine.