Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let me reword this without using the term "VE", since that seems to be distracting you.

Revisit your conditions again: same engine, same amount of boost and same temperature in the intake manifold.

The conditions in the intake manifold are exactly the same between both setups, and both are using the same exact engine.

The engines themselves are identical in how efficiently they can consume air.

Please explain to me how one engine can consume more air from the intake manifold than the other, given that the engines are the same, and conditions in the intake manifold are the same.

The engine does not care WHAT created the conditions in the intake manifold, or HOW the conditions were created. It just consumes air from the intake manifold.

Kaiser Bill and Pickles- All of this sounds great, but I have a quick question...what is the best engine mod someone with a 3.8l anchor can do to increase the hp of that specific engine without forking over the $6 grand plus for a SC or Turbo? Or is there anything that can be done to improve performance? I'm just wondering since I've hinted at doing this and with 2 kids in college and an 11 year old was shot down in flames by Household06 (wife) even looked into buying a 3.6 PS from a wrecked later model and modifying to fit my earlier model. I know there are probably a few of us stuck in this quandary and was just hoping you all may have seen, heard or know of someone or something we could do to put some life into these anemic engines?! Thanks in advance!
    LBD

Off-topic much? Seems like a topic for a new thread. But quick answer is that there's probably nothing under ~$5-6k that will give you what you want. Your best hope would be RIPP long-tube headers.