Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

3.6 Pentastar Tear Down

I said I would do it and I'm going to. The Pentastar is on an engine stand. S/C coming off and then tearing down the motor and rotating assembly.

Let's see how it held up to the forces induction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

3.6 Pentastar Tear Down

Def interested in this

Do you plan to reassemble it afterward? If so, you may as well consider rebuilding it better with some forged pistons:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forged_piston_top.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	1594

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forged_piston_bottom.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	1595

what year is the pentastar? i need a 2012 belt tensioner for 1 day.

I want to "amsoil" my intake. Should be a good video.

3.6 Pentastar Tear Down

It's a 2013 model year made late 2012.

This is gonna be very cool to follow.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Do you plan to reassemble it afterward? If so, you may as well consider rebuilding it better with some forged pistons:
    Let's see what it looks like when she comes apart. I'm very much interested in the possibility of putting it back together with forced induction specific components and perhaps some deck support. My gut tells me forged pistons, forged rods and add deck collars. My ideal solution would be twin turbos and custom calibration. I'm counting on you to do the math!

The stock rods are already forged

By "do the math", I hope you aren't counting on me to help choose turbo sizes, pipe sizes, etc! I don't know anything about how to do that.

Maybe you could talk to Prodigy and get some info from them about what is recommended to support some serious boost. As is probably obvious from the forged pistons with their logo on them, they're already working on that idea. I don't know if they have anything planned aside from the pistons.

I'm really intrigued by this:

Attachment 1596
    BEFORE

Attachment 1597
    AFTER

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    I'm really intrigued by this:

Attachment 1596
    BEFORE

Attachment 1597
    AFTER
    what is going on with these attachments? What file type?