Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    ARP certainly makes the bolts and studs of choice for heads. I wouldn't reuse head bolts. They have been loaded (stretched) and may not perform well if reused. As important as the head bolts are we need to consider the seal between the head and block. A good set of ARP head bolts coupled with block and head machining to accept O-ring custom gaskets that ensure a tighter condition would be my recipe for more boost.
    FYI I couldn't find the ARP on my piston swap. We went back with factory new. My build guy thought they wer actually good
    BK

Not thread jacking and will be following along with the herd. Here is a quick pick from my recent 3.6 piston

These are the blueprinted Diamonds from Prodigy

swapClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	1632

Prodigy makes pistons? Does that mean that you need to upgrade them? Whats the benefit of changing pistons?

Whats the status on the tear down? this thing in pieces yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Prodigy makes pistons? Does that mean that you need to upgrade them? Whats the benefit of changing pistons?
    The forged pistons will be required to handle higher boost levels. I was told that the stock pistons could probably handle up to 10 psi, but they are playing it safe and won't be recommending running any higher than the current stage 2 boost (about 8.2 psi) on stock pistons.

whats a price tag on forged pistons?

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    whats a price tag on forged pistons?
    i think the pistons themselves are not terrible, but the install is deep in the engine. make sure if you plan to do it, your shop has referrences of similar work getting done.