Close

JeepLab Edition Jeeps?

Hey everyone,

A dealer approached me about custom designing JL edition jeeps.

Here's my thought process on it, Let me know what you think.

I was thinking of breaking it up in stages, but here is the question, What is stage 1 for you?

Is the power mod the first thing you do to a new rubicon? or do you go with suspension or flares and bumpers?.

Let me know what your stage 1, 2, and 3 would be.

Just my two cents but I'd avoid power mods (obviously, not me personally!!). Keep the powertrain stock, under warranty and serviceable. Go for a signature suspension, wheels & tires and proprietary graphics. That would be my Stage 1. Buyers would arguably be starting with a Rubicon which they may already see as an upgrade to axles, transfer case and so on. My Stage 1 would be a small bump in height, big bump up in twist on 35's and a "look." If you want to go further, my Stage 2 would be a touch more height on say 37's, with flares and bumpers.

I agree, but keep in mind sports and sarahas make up the majority of wrangler sells. So a stage 1 should be a complimentary to the sports. 1.5" RK suspension with quick disconnects, jw speaker headlights, custom wheels and tires 33's or 35's. Stage 2, 2.5" rk suspension, jw speaker headlights, pillar lights, aftermarket bumpers and tire carrier, min 35" tires. Same as Stage 2, with change of suspension to RK coil over system 37" tires, lower rocker protection and tube fenders. and the obvious part is the graphics, and don't forget to get a licensing fee for that. should be at min, 15% of the price, JL has a lot of credibility and sloppy builds could destroy that reputation, they should also include an additional warranty for the aftermarket parts. Now if you want a power upgrades, should be stage 1 exhaust and intake; stage 2 exhaust, intake and power programmer; stage 4 RIPP supercharger with RIPP exhaust. But keep the performance as an additional upgrade over the appearance/offroad package.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

If it were me, at least for starters, I'd just follow what AEV has done in terms of levels or stages of an upgrade. Dealers all over the place are shipping their Jeeps to AEV to get the AEV treatment, so I think they've already done all the marketing work to figure out what a dealer is willing to spend the money on.

AEV JK200 - $7,738
    AEV JK250 - $10,976
    AEV JK300 - $14,897
    AEV Filson Edition - $30k

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehic...ld-and-price#/
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I wouldn't make it model specific. It should be an upgrade to all models especially in stage 1. Lift, wheels, tires. Maybe front and rear bumpers and sliders. Maybe 2.5" lift? Stage 2, add lighting and winch, intake, exhaust. Stage 3, belly armor.

All stages come with JeepLab logo specific graphics. Vehicle wrap?

Not sure, I'm still trying to get my hands on some JL decals...

JL Decals.... HMMMMMM i heard something about them once...

as far as the stages, It seems simple at first but then, it gets more complex. There are sooo many options for so many wheelers.

I say -

Stage 1, - 2.5" Flex, keep your stock flares run 35s, - Leaves option to go flat flares and go to 37s in a later stage.

As far as a power mod, I say you walk a fine line. BB may be perfect, as a manual trans, Sweet Pea may be perfect nooooow, after months of waiting. The turbos are still having problems.

If you are going to go power mod make sure whoever you use is going to stand by and be accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    JL Decals.... HMMMMMM i heard something about them once...
    Message received. I dropped the ball. Check out the decals and t-shirts thread I just opened. to get your swag.

So is one of these in the works?