Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    Please don't be so quick to bunch everyone into the same basket. Tuning is something that sets all the different superchargers and turbochargers apart. Our Prodigy turbo Jeeps shift without lifting. Just because it is aftermarket forced induction does not mean they are created equal or even close to it for that matter. JSYK Diablosport does not control all trans features on the 07-11 and on the 12 and up they do control just as much on the JK as they do on the Challenger and Charger SRT8 cars. Pretty sure the 1000hp Chargers dont lift to shift. If you drove a turbo Jk with the Pentastar you wouldn't consider an engine swap. I'm sure of that.
    I've not driven one of your turbo jeeps. They may not be bad and your system may be more refined than the others. However, you response confirms what I initially stated; that the diablosport is limited in what it can affect in terms of the trans, so I'd be curious if it still operates as smoothly as a stock vehicle. You may have figured out a work around to get the transmission to behave, but I'd still only be satisfied if it operated as consistently as stock. I also just read another thread that described some drivability issues with your product. To your credit though, you seem to be working hard to rectify it.

To your comment that I wouldn't consider a swap had I driven a turbo JK, I doubt it. For the money, it may be a great option, but I really doubt it's better all around than the LS3/6L80E combo. More cost effectively--yes. Better--doubt it. I will have over 400hp/400tq with a very flat curve and an extra gear in a highly efficient auto trans that is better in every way than the W5A580. All of this in a light weight aluminum package. Again, I don't want to come across as condescending. I'm sure you have a great product--especially for the money--but I'm confident I made the right choice for me. Stress the "for me" part. It may not be for everyone, and every consumer is free to vote with their dollars.

Best of luck to you, and I mean that sincerely. It's great to see a strong aftermarket for our vehicles. Your input to the market and product refinement force the competition to get better, then that cycle is perpetuated when the next competitor steps up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	1633

Took this picture yesterday driving down to Charleston. This is an average on a 5 hour round trip. I have a 3.5" lift and 35" tires.