Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone with at TURBO automatic?

Hey Jeep Family.

Ive saved and saved and now I can finally afford a Supercharger or Turbo.

I think I'm going to go with prodigy just for the reason that I have an auto and I don't want to deal with "lift to shit" with the superchargers.

The turbo guys swear the auto shifts with the turbo. I hesitate to believe it that a bolt on part can have a different result than another bolt on part when diablo is the linchpin between all of them and some work with auto, and some don't.

So if there there is a someone with a turbo thats automatic, Id like a confirmation that you can put the pedal to the floor and the the tranny still shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    I don't want to deal with "lift to shit"
    I only "lift to shit" when trying to avoid contact with the toilet seat in particularly nasty public restrooms and outhouses. A great technique in outhouses, but you run the risk of larger splashback with a standard toilet.

I know that Prodigy did have a "lift to shift" issue earlier on with the automatics, but they supposedly fixed it with more recent versions of the tune. There are a couple people with Prodigy turbo and automatic trans that have posted on this forum. I'm also interested to hear from all of them on this issue, but just out of curiosity since I have a manual.

If you lean toward the Prodigy turbo, definitely look into the new Precision turbo they are testing. If it proves to meet expectations that have been described to me, it will be more than worth the additional upcharge over the standard Garrett turbo.

Until there is a tuner on the market that can adjust both the engine and transmission, or the power adder comes with a custom ecm/tcm, none of them are going to be as drivable as a factory vehicle. The '07-'11 models are a little better off, since the diablosport can adjust both the engine and trans. However, the '12-up models are screwed. I tried the sprintex SC on my '14, but got sick of the minor engine tuning issues and horrible acting transmission. Before you spend the money, drive someones jeep with the power adder you're looking at to make sure you can deal with the short-falls. If you had a manual transmission, it wouldn't be as risky. If I had it to do all over again, I would have saved my money for an engine swap.

i dont trust the auto. Super complex

so no one with a happy auto power mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Hey Jeep Family.

Ive saved and saved and now I can finally afford a Supercharger or Turbo.

I think I'm going to go with prodigy just for the reason that I have an auto and I don't want to deal with "lift to shit" with the superchargers.

The turbo guys swear the auto shifts with the turbo. I hesitate to believe it that a bolt on part can have a different result than another bolt on part when diablo is the linchpin between all of them and some work with auto, and some don't.

So if there there is a someone with a turbo thats automatic, Id like a confirmation that you can put the pedal to the floor and the the tranny still shifts.
    I have a 2015 JKU with factory 3:73 and auto. I've got about 3000 miles on the prodigy
    Overall works great. I get about 18/19 MPG all around and that's with 35" tires and a 3.5" AEV lift package

Its a pretty seamless shift 99% of the time. On a wierd going up a hill between 2nd and 3rd on the automatic it wants to hold the shift up to 3500/4000 rpm sometimes but other than that it's spot on.

Prodigy has been solid on getting new tunes out and they do get progressively better as they come. It's a solid little bolt on kit and the guys back it up which is nice.

I recently installed a set of the stage 3 Pistons but I haven't turned up the sauce on it just yet. I'm enjoying the boost and now have no fears that this motor can stand it for a long time

BK

Quote Originally Posted by Bkeef View Post
    I have a 2015 JKU with factory 3:73 and auto. I've got about 3000 miles on the prodigy
    Overall works great. I get about 18/19 MPG all around and that's with 35" tires and a 3.5" AEV lift package

Its a pretty seamless shift 99% of the time. On a wierd going up a hill between 2nd and 3rd on the automatic it wants to hold the shift up to 3500/4000 rpm sometimes but other than that it's spot on.

Prodigy has been solid on getting new tunes out and they do get progressively better as they come. It's a solid little bolt on kit and the guys back it up which is nice.

I recently installed a set of the stage 3 Pistons but I haven't turned up the sauce on it just yet. I'm enjoying the boost and now have no fears that this motor can stand it for a long time

BK
    thanks for getting back.... So just to be clear, when you stand on the gas pedal, the turbo spools up and the trany shifts normally going through the gears without having to lift off?

Yes

I'll try and post a video when I'm home this weekend

Here's a video from NOLAjeeper, demonstrating the automatic transmission upshifting under full throttle with the Prodigy Performance turbo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSpSDxJll7A

Quote Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
    Until there is a tuner on the market that can adjust both the engine and transmission, or the power adder comes with a custom ecm/tcm, none of them are going to be as drivable as a factory vehicle. The '07-'11 models are a little better off, since the diablosport can adjust both the engine and trans. However, the '12-up models are screwed. I tried the sprintex SC on my '14, but got sick of the minor engine tuning issues and horrible acting transmission. Before you spend the money, drive someones jeep with the power adder you're looking at to make sure you can deal with the short-falls. If you had a manual transmission, it wouldn't be as risky. If I had it to do all over again, I would have saved my money for an engine swap.
    Please don't be so quick to bunch everyone into the same basket. Tuning is something that sets all the different superchargers and turbochargers apart. Our Prodigy turbo Jeeps shift without lifting. Just because it is aftermarket forced induction does not mean they are created equal or even close to it for that matter. JSYK Diablosport does not control all trans features on the 07-11 and on the 12 and up they do control just as much on the JK as they do on the Challenger and Charger SRT8 cars. Pretty sure the 1000hp Chargers dont lift to shift. If you drove a turbo Jk with the Pentastar you wouldn't consider an engine swap. I'm sure of that.