Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The NEW JL build....

I've been on the sidelines of this site WAAAAAY too long. Hats off to all of you who have carried the torch around here while I was on the bench.

BB was at a point where there was just nothing left to do. She is the perfect jeep, and im very sorry to see her go.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Now to look to the future. Im throwing stuff at the wall for a new build.

Im looking for suggestions. Its so easy to end up going down the same road and building the same jeep as I love the same stuff. Light weight, and gobs of power. (ive been infected by gary's hemi)

I poured my heart into Betty.

Im ready to get dirty again...

Gonna be hard to top BB, how much lighter can you get? Aluminum suspension this time? you had those big steel RK arms before.

I'm all for the brute force build. Let's see if you can top Tonka.

The NEW JL build....

full on prerunner since you have desire for a light build with maybe a vw tdi swap
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

I'm not sure what you're in to, but what if you went with a touch more of a themed Jeep like this guy? I think this guy did one of the best jobs I've seen of picking a theme and sticking to it and he probably included some of the best off-roading gadgets I've ever seen on Jeep. I really like his center overhead console full of gear (about 5:13 into the video.)

2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I say get a wrecked 2 door and build it into a stretched out low COG machine - full cage and D60s. Ready for rock racing!

2nd snarf77's plan.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    2nd snarf77's plan.
    Id love to race. How about an Artec chassis and go buggy style? What would the power plant be?

All aluminum LS motor.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    All aluminum LS motor.
    Ok Counselor, here's the plan. Im going to go to a chevy dealer, and slip and fall. then you file suit, and we settle out of court for an LS9 motor.

Are you on board?