Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    WHOA! that is insane. You really did it fast.
    Yeah, it probably seems pretty fast, but this is my daily driver. I wasn't content being a Guinea pig while they tried to figure out the tune. It was especially frustrating during the cold winter months. I had a few codes and the shifting was never great... I'd rather spend the money, get it right, and enjoy my Jeep.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that any of the affordable power adders will work well with the stock transmission. Since none of the tuners have broken the code for the W5A580, we can't address the trans parameters. We're trying to fool an adaptive transmission that's calibrated for 1bar atmosphere readings to deal with a 2bar setup. I found it to be unpredictable and frustrating. The "lift-to-shift" condition is an absolute joke... No modern vehicle should be plagued by this.

At this point, I'm just looking forward to getting it back and driving with the stock GM tune. The stock maps for the LS3 and trans should be plenty to haul the jeep around, while doing so in a civilized manner. I'll certainly post up with my feedback and thoughts.
    Last edited by rgeorge33; 05-30-2015 at 10:36 AM.