Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hows this thing running? When power mods happen and guys go quiet, its not normally good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    you have to change that sticker. the "rubicon" decal has to go.

maybe MOBICON (motech)?
    Taken care of... No room for the Rubicon decal anymore. I picked up a new hood that will be painted in mid-September. I'll have some good pictures once it's painted, but here's the something for now:

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Hows this swap going? any engine codes?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    Hows this thing running? When power mods happen and guys go quiet, its not normally good news.
    It's running great; no codes, smooth as could be, and plenty of power. I've had a couple minor issues, but nothing major. The cruise does not come on occasionally, but Motech is working on an update for that. My transfer case has a slight leak, but I'm going to change out the seals this weekend. I'm also going to re-work the exhaust and install some good high flow catalytic converters. When Tallant's Hot Rods paints the hood, they're going to do the exhaust. I'll be using the Vibrant GESi metal substrate OBD-II cats and stainless mandrel bends w/ stainless tubing. I'll try to be more timely as I get those things done. I'll also try to get some better pics of the finished product!

Give us a better shot of that hood. Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Give us a better shot of that hood. Looks great.
    Here you go. I'll have a couple more, once it's painted. I have an appointment with the paint booth on 14 September.

Its beautiful. Really well done. How about a sound byte ?

is there an intake?

this may be the most beautiful jeep ive ever seen.

Thanks for the complements, guys. I still don't have a good video with sound. I'll put it up here when I do. I picked it up from Tallant's Hot Rod shop in KC on Friday with the hood fixed and painted. They also got a new exhaust fabricated with 2.5" pipes from the manifolds to the muffler and a single 3" out the rear. It uses all stainless pipe, mandrel bends, two Vibrant GESi cats and a Magnaflow muffler. It sounds nice and I believe it flows really well. However, I'm done improving the jeep for a while... I'm sure I'll do little things for maintenance, minor stuff, and I've got a new MoTech module on the way with updated firmware to address an intermittent cruise control issue. Other than that, it's done (for now). As always I've got some pics. Here's the hood all painted and polished up.

someone else just got a sprintex in this forum, any tips for issues installing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    someone else just got a sprintex in this forum, any tips for issues installing?
    yes that would be me and i would certainly appreciate any tips!

I will say the the installation manual is really quite good. However, you'll find that the bolts on the back are difficult... My hands were sore for days after that. Take your time with those. Smooth and easy is fast.... Don't forget to put the long bolts through the top before setting the sc/top manifold on the lower manifold. Also, lay out the hose spring clamps and make sure you use the correct clamps on the right hoses. I initially didn't and had a couple leaks that I ended up fixing with normal screw type clamps. I posted several pics on another thread that may be helpful to visualize the process. Good luck... If you want to pm me, I'll give you my direct email address if you want to reach out with questions.