So I fielded an email today, and Im going to answer it with this thread.

If you are just tuning in to JL, Cherry Bomb is a 392 HEMI JK. Owned by a regular guy. Regular, if you think an attorney tearing engines apart in his garage is regular. This guy rolls up his sleeves and gets in there. A "bends his own stainless pipe" sort of guy....

Anyhow, Cherry Bomb, started out as a Magnuson supercharged JK, but the tune never got where the owner wanted it, So not only did he rip the SC off, he ripped the engine out. Awsome right? Mostly. The power is unending. no question about it. The suspension needs a fresh look now that there is an extra 400lbs sitting over the front axle in addition to some other heavy front end parts, including AEV front bumper and winch. (i think, gary feel free to correct me if im not setting the scene right )

This truck although highy modded, is a daily driver. Now. The owner needs reliablilty and driveablilty.

I said coil it over. The shop he uses told him that coil overs need rebuilds from time to time and that for his use, a separate spring and shock combo would be better suited.

The email asked me to weigh in on the next step in this suspension evolution, and also other changes to help handling, wich is kinda my forte. I dont like clumsy jeeps. Jeeps can be razor sharp instruments built correctly.