Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You got it spot on. The scene is set perfectly. I too believe that the jeep can handle awesomely with the right set up. The techs at the shop felt that because I put over 20k miles per year on my truck I should stick with separate springs and shocks. Coil overs, they think, with heim joints and hand built components are awesome. But they need periodic re-building which, unless you have another set to swap, causes down time. And I'm told it's expensive. Right now they say it's running 6 to 8 weeks to rebuild the coil overs some of them use on their own trucks.

So far I've put in a JKS trackbar, a synergy tie rod and I'm awaiting delivery of a synergy drag link. The synergy components have 1-ton ends which should stand up better over time given the weight of the motor. Oh, and I stepped up one size in OME steering stabilizer.

So, I'm up for suggestions. King shocks? Fox shocks? Another shock? Anybody make custom coils springs? Remote reservoir? I was on the list to receive an early set of OME BP-51 adjustable bypass shocks from ARB. But after waiting we found out that they won't be in the US for almost another year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    You got it spot on. The scene is set perfectly. I too believe that the jeep can handle awesomely with the right set up. The techs at the shop felt that because I put over 20k miles per year on my truck I should stick with separate springs and shocks. Coil overs, they think, with heim joints and hand built components are awesome. But they need periodic re-building which, unless you have another set to swap, causes down time. And I'm told it's expensive. Right now they say it's running 6 to 8 weeks to rebuild the coil overs some of them use on their own trucks.

So far I've put in a JKS trackbar, a synergy tie rod and I'm awaiting delivery of a synergy drag link. The synergy components have 1-ton ends which should stand up better over time given the weight of the motor. Oh, and I stepped up one size in OME steering stabilizer.

So, I'm up for suggestions. King shocks? Fox shocks? Another shock? Anybody make custom coils springs? Remote reservoir? I was on the list to receive an early set of OME BP-51 adjustable bypass shocks from ARB. But after waiting we found out that they won't be in the US for almost another year.
    6 weeks for a rebuild means you are dealing with someone who you shouldnt. That is rediculous. Its a few hours to do. I'd call fox and king an RK and others, and see what they say. Also, a guy like you could probably do a rebuild himself. Its not rocket science.