Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripp SC & CEL

Ripp SC & CEL

Updated the tune on my 2012 JKU w/auto using the latest tune (RIPP36_2.0) BACK IN JANUARY. I've updated the Trinity T-1000, but I still get the Check engine light come on after a couple of days of driving. Used the tuner to read the codes: P113E and P113D. Both of which come up as unknown. If there is any forum that has the answers, it's going to be JeepLab. Anyone here run into this?

Ripp SC & CEL

I thru ripps tune out the window after a week of installing the kit and had a dyno guy tune my vehicle. Best thing ive ever done

I think they are O2 sensors.

Did you contact ripp about it? Obviously you are running the most updated tune right?

A quick search finds that those codes are "O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)" and "O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)". I believe that is the two upstream O2 sensors.

Can't really find any more about those codes, except this technical set of slides from some presentation, which doesn't seem to spell it out in plain English at any point: http://www.sae.org/events/training/s...alzatorski.pdf

My prior tune was flawless; no CEL. I've been running the SC since November of 2013. Jeep only has 44K miles. How can both sensors go bad so soon?
    Called Ripp and was told to update the Trinity T-1000 tuner and that should solve the problem. Didn't resolve the issue. I thought I read somewhere that some of the T-1000 tuners were causing the canned tune from Ripp(ripp36_2.0) to run rich or something and cause the CEL to come on?

I've looked at the FTC list of codes and I don't see p113e or P113D in the list. I see p013a- O2 sensor slow response.

Autocorrect can be c a pain. That is supposed to read DTC.

I think your best bet is to continue talking to RIPP about the problem. Have you told them that the update did not solve the problem? Have they responded?

I don't recall if I did or not. I'm going to Unmarry the tuner from the jeep, update the tuner on more time, and start over again. Does anyone know how to reset the jeep computer to erase what it has learned? I've read on a different forum to disconnect the + terminal and touch it to the -(neg) terminal. Any thoughts.

To the battery