Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripp SC & CEL

Just disconnect the battery for a minimum of three minutes. That should reset the pcm.

Here's the reset procedure: http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-89.htm

If I were you I would do it in this order:

1) Unmarry the Trinity (install original backup tune).
    2) perform the factory reset procedure.
    3) double check that the Trinity is really updated. Some updates cannot be applied while the Trinity is "married" to a vehicle.
    4) double check that you have the latest tune from RIPP.
    5) install the RIPP tune.

I really doubt the factory reset will have any affect. It mostly resets things like long term adaptive memory (fuel trims, etc). I know for a fact that long term fuel trims are already reset every time you install a tune. But you might as well do it just to be sure you are starting fresh with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Just disconnect the battery for a minimum of three minutes. That should reset the pcm.
    Nope. Not enough to really reset everything. See the link in my previous post. Disconnecting the battery for a while will only clear out some trouble codes, but won't reset long term adaptive memory.

Thanks to all who chimed in. I appreciate the help. I'll try this out tomorrow since I'm off and gave all day to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Nope. Not enough to really reset everything. See the link in my previous post. Disconnecting the battery for a while will only clear out some trouble codes, but won't reset long term adaptive memory.
    Thank you for correcting me. I thought there was more to it but I forgot since I haven't done it in a while.

Blog Entries
    I've had the P113D code many many times. About every 100 miles and clear it when the jeep starts to develop a miss at about 2000rpm. It's been way fustrating and I've contacted Ripp and sent them data files. All I get from that is more frustration. I'm trying to get with a local tuner but they are few and far between where I live. My jeep is not a daily driver and thank God for that or I would have sold it. I love the sound of the whine and the power but not sure if this was a good mod to do. Not sure what tune you have but I have the high alt pulley and added a catch can and when I try to revert back to the " original canned" Ripp tune the jeep runs horrible. It revs up for no apparent reason and has no power. Let me know if you solve the issue cuz I'm feeln the exact pain. FYI. I've disconnected the battery and unmarried and remarried my programmer back to the jeep. Made no difference.

"Bullfighter", I don't have the High ALT Pulley on mine. I'm not, nor have I ever experienced the phantom revs either. I'm currently running canned tune (ripp36_2.0) and this is the tune with which I started to get the CEL codes. I'm going to go outside now and Unmarry the T-1000 tuner then reset the PC according to "Useless Pickles" then update the tuner (again) and finally reload the tune to the jeep. If only Ripp could recommend a shop in SoCal that could perform and troubleshoot. I'll let you know how it all comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfighter View Post
    I've had the P113D code many many times. About every 100 miles and clear it when the jeep starts to develop a miss at about 2000rpm. It's been way fustrating and I've contacted Ripp and sent them data files. All I get from that is more frustration. I'm trying to get with a local tuner but they are few and far between where I live. My jeep is not a daily driver and thank God for that or I would have sold it. I love the sound of the whine and the power but not sure if this was a good mod to do. Not sure what tune you have but I have the high alt pulley and added a catch can and when I try to revert back to the " original canned" Ripp tune the jeep runs horrible. It revs up for no apparent reason and has no power. Let me know if you solve the issue cuz I'm feeln the exact pain. FYI. I've disconnected the battery and unmarried and remarried my programmer back to the jeep. Made no difference.
    Stick or auto?

Did everything I said I was going to do. Drove about 50 miles last night; no issues at all. This morning I left to get 35" Tires installed and CEL turns on. Drove to the shop 7 miles away, had the tires installed, and just before I left the shop I read the CEL codes using the Trinity tuner to read the codes. P113E & P113D; I DIDN'T clear the codes; I just drove home so I could use my AEV procal to calibrate my speedometer. That was successful, but on my way to the store I noticed the CEL was no longer illuminated. I can't explain that, but I will continue to monitor and keep ya posted.

Blog Entries
    My jeep is a stick. I've heard a few issues with the autos