Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ripp SC & CEL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullfighter View Post
    My jeep is a stick. I've heard a few issues with the autos
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxsat71 View Post
    Did everything I said I was going to do. Drove about 50 miles last night; no issues at all. This morning I left to get 35" Tires installed and CEL turns on. Drove to the shop 7 miles away, had the tires installed, and just before I left the shop I read the CEL codes using the Trinity tuner to read the codes. P113E & P113D; I DIDN'T clear the codes; I just drove home so I could use my AEV procal to calibrate my speedometer. That was successful, but on my way to the store I noticed the CEL was no longer illuminated. I can't explain that, but I will continue to monitor and keep ya posted.
    Did you get the problem fixed?

Ripp SC & CEL

I have been in contact with ripp and they said within a month or so ther will be releasing an upgrade kit for the jks. They said its most likely going to be a bigger intercooler, larger charge pipes, slightly higher boost pulley a new belt and updated tune

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    I have been in contact with ripp and they said within a month or so ther will be releasing an upgrade kit for the jks. They said its most likely going to be a bigger intercooler, larger charge pipes, slightly higher boost pulley a new belt and updated tune
    Thank you for the comeback and Foxsat I'm sorry I didn't mean to hijack your post. I gotta laugh on the fact Ripp said " in a month". They've told me that on the phone and on Twitter that same thing about all their soon to be released products. Eight months later.....nothing. Anyway I gotta steam a bit on the only fix is to buy more and replace what I've got. Not a good solution they have for a several thousand dollar mod. Btw I've got the smaller pulley and the different program ( Ripp36 2.2B) so now a bigger cooler? They've had my data logs and best they come up with is something isn't installed right. This is not the case. Over a year later and sorry that's not it. Jeep screams but after about 50-100 miles into clearing a code and reprogramming it misses and re-throws a P113D code. Still has power but misses. I'm with Pickles, should've never messed with it in the fist place. Sorry for airing my dirty laundry but jumped at the fact somebody finally has the same problem as me. Btw, I'm convinced the jeep is forgetting or somehow losing the new programming. It runs very good and smooth until it starts to learn its fuel curves and then it runs bad again.

Negative. The CEL came back on after a few miles. I must have cleared it by accident. Also, no hijacked thread. Any info on people's experience with RIPP SC is welcomed. I did however, find an interesting note in the Diablo Manual. I'm at work now but will post later today.

Blog Entries
    Negative. The CEL came back on after a few miles. I must have cleared it by accident. Also, no hijacked thread. Any info on people's experience with RIPP SC is welcomed. I did however, find an interesting note in the Diablo Manual. I'm at work now but will post later today.
    You'd be the man if u crack the problem!

Ripp SC & CEL

If your jeep is forgetting the fuel logs something with your tune is off

I dont have an SC I've been on the fence about them for SOOO long. Guys in my local club have them. Ive driven a few. They are good. Mostly. The autos less than the sticks.

The builds those guys have are heavy stupid builds. Pile as much crap on as they can. So that review is not with optimized jeeps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    I dont have an SC I've been on the fence about them for SOOO long. Guys in my local club have them. Ive driven a few. They are good. Mostly. The autos less than the sticks.

The builds those guys have are heavy stupid builds. Pile as much crap on as they can. So that review is not with optimized jeeps.
    . Not sure of your point other than the SC jeeps are mostly good. Nobody around here has one on theirs and when people hear it they either are amazed or think it's a serious vacuum leak. Haha. If your on the fence and have drove them and still can't decide than you probably answered yourself on to get one. Yeah, skip it. Why cause a headache if you don't need to. Again I'm glad I didn't get an auto. And this jeep doesn't have a lot of crap piled on it

Blog Entries
    Any new developments?
    Any new developments? I went back to the original tune that came with the kit and adjusted some perameters and leaned up a little and seemed to help with the missing problem and haven't thrown a code only now a lil less power

Ripp SC & CEL

Try to get your jeep to a reputable dyno tuner and let them get your parameters in check and tweeck it for what the kit was built to do