Close

Thread: Ripp SC & CEL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I actually bought the afe y pipe to put the wide band on that instead of drilling the factory pipes. So you've been having problems since you installed it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsango View Post
    I actually bought the afe y pipe to put the wide band on that instead of drilling the factory pipes. So you've been having problems since you installed it?
    I don't have the loop delete but I do have the wideband. I wouldn't worry about drilling your stock pipe. Drill, weld...good to go. Easier than cutting into the stocker and clamping up and you save a couple bucks even if you have a exhaust shop do it. They give you a plug for the bung if you pull out the wideband sensor. Let us know how the wideband turns out. Interested to see how it goes. I haven't had time yet to put mine on. Got the gauge installed and looking good but not wired up yet. And to may be answer your question : yes Ripp says you'll need a different tune when you delete the pipe. Foxsat is possibly dealing with that problem right now. It throws a code. After you install the pipe, call Ripp and get a different tune or possibly get tuned from a local tuner after you install the wideband.

My bad. I mentioned I had deleted the factory exhaust loop, but I did not.

I had already replaced the factory Y-pipe with the AFe Y-pipe before I had the SC installed. I had no CEL or surging. It wasn't until I installed the ripp36_2.2drg that I got the CEL. I did not mention the Y-pipe to Ripp when I requested the ripp36_2.2drg tune. I had forgotten about it. This time around however, I did mention it to them. Just waiting on the tune now.