Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ripp SC & CEL

Dont know if this applies to you but there is a TSB I found for other pentastar applications with this fault. If this is the case I think you need to:

Go to the dealer
    Return PCM to stock
    Have it flashed
    Install RIPP tune and send them the now new backup file to have their additions made to it.

SUBJECT:
    Flash: MIL Illumination P0441, P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306,
    P0420, P0430, P113D, P113E, P0133, P0153
    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
    Module (PCM) with new software.
    MODELS:
    2012 (JC) Journey
    **2012 (JS) 200/Avenger**
    NOTE: This bulletin applies to **JC** vehicle equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales
    code ERB) built before November 15, 2011 (MDH 1115XX) or **JS vehicle
    equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales code ERB) built before December 16, 2011
    (MDH 1116XX).**
    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    The customer may experience a MIL illumination. Upon further investigation the
    Technician may find that any of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes have been set.
    a. P0441 - Evap Purge System Performance
    b. P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 1)
    c. P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank2)
    d. P0133 - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response
    e. P0153 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response
    f. P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire
    g. P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire
    h. P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire
    i. P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
    j. P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
    k. P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire
    l. P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire
    m. P113D - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)
    n. P113E - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)
    Updating the software will correct the conditions listed above.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sajk View Post
    Dont know if this applies to you but there is a TSB I found for other pentastar applications with this fault. If this is the case I think you need to:

Go to the dealer
    Return PCM to stock
    Have it flashed
    Install RIPP tune and send them the now new backup file to have their additions made to it.

SUBJECT:
    Flash: MIL Illumination P0441, P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306,
    P0420, P0430, P113D, P113E, P0133, P0153
    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
    Module (PCM) with new software.
    MODELS:
    2012 (JC) Journey
    **2012 (JS) 200/Avenger**
    NOTE: This bulletin applies to **JC** vehicle equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales
    code ERB) built before November 15, 2011 (MDH 1115XX) or **JS vehicle
    equipped with a 3.6L engine (sales code ERB) built before December 16, 2011
    (MDH 1116XX).**
    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    The customer may experience a MIL illumination. Upon further investigation the
    Technician may find that any of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes have been set.
    a. P0441 - Evap Purge System Performance
    b. P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 1)
    c. P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank2)
    d. P0133 - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response
    e. P0153 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response
    f. P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire
    g. P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire
    h. P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire
    i. P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
    j. P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
    k. P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire
    l. P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire
    m. P113D - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)
    n. P113E - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response (High Frequency)
    Updating the software will correct the conditions listed above.
    Thank you for the reply, it's much appriciated. I'll try it and see what happens.

Blog Entries
    Foxsat71,Did you ever get your cel issue resolved? Unfortunately my sc is at vortech getting new bearings and seals after about 5500 miles of use. 2 years strong and still not happy. Btw it's been gone for a month getting the bearings and seals. I shoulda (famous last words) rebuilt myself. Just wondering what was up.

SC CEL issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfighter View Post
    Foxsat71,Did you ever get your cel issue resolved? Unfortunately my sc is at vortech getting new bearings and seals after about 5500 miles of use. 2 years strong and still not happy. Btw it's been gone for a month getting the bearings and seals. I shoulda (famous last words) rebuilt myself. Just wondering what was up.
    Not yet. I completely forgot I had the AFE loop delete Y-pipe on my jeep. So when I first updated my tune I didn't mention it to Ripp. I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago and they confirmed that it would cause CEL's. They said to Unmarry the unit and start over. I also read that the radio, A/C, etc. should be turned off while loading the tune. Furthermore, when prompted to cycle the ignition on and/or off, to do it slowly. I will Unmarry the tune this weekend and start over. I will send Ripp the new info Monday. I will post the results soon after.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxsat71 View Post
    Not yet. I completely forgot I had the AFE loop delete Y-pipe on my jeep. So when I first updated my tune I didn't mention it to Ripp. I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago and they confirmed that it would cause CEL's. They said to Unmarry the unit and start over. I also read that the radio, A/C, etc. should be turned off while loading the tune. Furthermore, when prompted to cycle the ignition on and/or off, to do it slowly. I will Unmarry the tune this weekend and start over. I will send Ripp the new info Monday. I will post the results soon after.
    I can't believe we're still getting over these humps, right. I just got off the phone with Ripp (cause they have my unit and it needed rebuilt by Vortech after 5,700 miles) and while I was on the phone I asked them about your loop delete throwing codes and they confirmed that it could. "Won't always but sometimes". Anyway good to hear your moving in the right direction. I was just wondering since I'm in a similar predicament BUT soon will be getting a custom dyno- tune and I replaced all O2 sensors and installing a wideband to cover all the bases. When I get the wideband bung installed I'll post the pics of where the bung was installed to help you or anybody else who wants to put a WB on a 3.6. Ripp says good to go and put after the Y-pipe. I'm more of a believer of the sensor before the cats just like I've been told on here and what I've been told by everybody who uses them but once you see the cats, pre-cats my be impossible. Again the WB info may help you if you go that route.

I actually bought the afe y pipe to put the wide band on that instead of drilling the factory pipes. So you've been having problems since you installed it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsango View Post
    I actually bought the afe y pipe to put the wide band on that instead of drilling the factory pipes. So you've been having problems since you installed it?
    I don't have the loop delete but I do have the wideband. I wouldn't worry about drilling your stock pipe. Drill, weld...good to go. Easier than cutting into the stocker and clamping up and you save a couple bucks even if you have a exhaust shop do it. They give you a plug for the bung if you pull out the wideband sensor. Let us know how the wideband turns out. Interested to see how it goes. I haven't had time yet to put mine on. Got the gauge installed and looking good but not wired up yet. And to may be answer your question : yes Ripp says you'll need a different tune when you delete the pipe. Foxsat is possibly dealing with that problem right now. It throws a code. After you install the pipe, call Ripp and get a different tune or possibly get tuned from a local tuner after you install the wideband.

I'm currently waiting for Ripp to send me my tune. I already updated the Trinity T1000 tuner and sent the necessary info to Ripp. I made it clear that I retained the exhaust loop and only replaced the factory Y-pipe.

My bad. I mentioned I had deleted the factory exhaust loop, but I did not.

I had already replaced the factory Y-pipe with the AFe Y-pipe before I had the SC installed. I had no CEL or surging. It wasn't until I installed the ripp36_2.2drg that I got the CEL. I did not mention the Y-pipe to Ripp when I requested the ripp36_2.2drg tune. I had forgotten about it. This time around however, I did mention it to them. Just waiting on the tune now.