Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ripp SC & CEL

Got the new RIPPMODS tune (ripp36_2.5) loaded. So far no CEL'S. I still need to monitor it for a week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foxsat71 View Post
    Got the new RIPPMODS tune (ripp36_2.5) loaded. So far no CEL'S. I still need to monitor it for a week.
    How did the new tune work out for you?

So far it's been fine. No "check engine light". It seems more responsive. However, transmission does not shift from 2nd to 3rd at a reasonable RPM. Even if I'm accelerating mildly, transmission will shift at around 3200 - 3500 RPM. I'll be able to drive it more now that I have front DS and Yeti steering linkage installed and front end aligned. Just need to find a 1 5/8" tie rod bracket to install steering stabilizer.

Had the PCM & TCM software updated at the dealership. Transmission now shifts much, much better and the Ripp tune has been great; no issues at all.

Blog Entries
    Had the PCM & TCM software updated at the dealership. Transmission now shifts much, much better and the Ripp tune has been great; no issues at all.
    Did you uninstall the RIPP tune before they updated your jeep and then re-install the RIPP tune afterwords? This may be a dumb question however I've heard to do so you must go back to the stock tune before you can update the PCM. I've thought about doing so to smooth out my edges but leary of a tech messing with the tune from RIPP and sending the jeep haywire cuz going back to stock would have to be done at the dealership cuz mine will not run on the stock tune anymore. And again, what year is your Jeep? Thanks for the update!!

Bullfighter, yes I did. I drove to the dealership and returned the jeep to stock tune, dealership did there updates, I then reloaded the RIPPMODS tune. I ended up towing my jeep home and updating the tuner and reloading it at home.

Bullfighter, my jeep is a 2012 JKU Auto trans.

Blog Entries
    Bullfighter, my jeep is a 2012 JKU Auto trans.
    Awesome, again good to hear no more codes and your running smooth. Mines a '12 also but a stick not a auto. Big (not really) "baddest jeep in the valley" contest this weekend. I can't wait to show off the ride! I might not be the baddest but I can whine in and fake it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfighter View Post
    Awesome, again good to hear no more codes and your running smooth. Mines a '12 also but a stick not a auto. Big (not really) "baddest jeep in the valley" contest this weekend. I can't wait to show off the ride! I might not be the baddest but I can whine in and fake it!!
    You do the opposite of most car contests, leave the dirt and mud on the jeep. Good luck.