Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All the specs on the one from the manufacturer are the same as insane's. It has integrated steering wheel controls and is CanBus capable. I am curious about their Navi though. How well does it work, and have you tried it offroad yet? I am trying to get the manufacturer to send me a head unit for testing if I do I will get detail photos and let you compare the two devices. Does Insane claim to manufacturer the head unit? Or are the simply retooling a head unit? Thanks for the write up Timmy.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    All the specs on the one from the manufacturer are the same as insane's. It has integrated steering wheel controls and is CanBus capable. I am curious about their Navi though. How well does it work, and have you tried it offroad yet? I am trying to get the manufacturer to send me a head unit for testing if I do I will get detail photos and let you compare the two devices. Does Insane claim to manufacturer the head unit? Or are the simply retooling a head unit? Thanks for the write up Timmy.
    I have not used the Navi software for off-road because I prefer the MyTopo app since I can download topo maps to store locally. I prefer to navigate with topo maps as it makes it easier to figure out where I am and where I want to go. The Insane Navi app is suppose to have a fair amount of "off-road" roads labeled on the map, but I haven't had enough time with it to know if this is true or not. The area I was Jeeping in was private land owned by a logging company, but pretty well all their trails were on the Topo maps.

I'm certain they are just re-branding the same unit you are finding. I have little doubt you could buy the same unit and toss Android on it (or upgrade the burned in version) and have a similar experience. I do think that Insane Audio does some tweaks and work beyond what any of us has time for, but in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if the experience will be similar for much cheaper.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.