Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Insane Audio JK1001

[QUOTE=Timmy;5457]I started with the free app, but once that expired, rather than try to figure out what I lost I just ponied up the $2.38 and bought the Pro version - I just bought the Insane Audio JK 1001 today - no manual - trying to figure out how to sync Bluetooth and if there is a manual out there?

Dawn

There is a bit of a manual out there on the JK1001 site. The JK1001 forums are probably the best place for help -> http://insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

I'm assuming you mean Bluetooth pairing with your phone? I believe there is a bluetooth icon on the home screen you can click that brings up a page with six icons on it, one of them is the settings icon to pair your JK1001 with a Bluetooth audio device.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Just as a follow-up. I can't recommend the Jk1001 any more, it is just not refined enough, too many stupid design decisions. For instance, they chose to make the right "dial" button the mute button, while the dial portion of the button is the radio frequency change. So every time you go to mute the system you pretty well accidentally also change the radio station. Why they chose this dial button to mute instead of pressing the volume dial button is beyond me. Everyone who drives with me presses the volume dial button first to try and mute the radio when they want it muted (because that is the most obvious button you'd try first if you never saw the system before) but pressing the volume dial button does nothing.

Then there are 6 other hard buttons on the face of the unit that each have functions. The only two you will EVER push are the Home button to get back to the home screen, and the NAVI button launch to the Insane Nav program. The other buttons you will never touch and wonder why they wasted their time using such precious button space on such useless functions like the "LOUD" option, the AMS for programming the radio to the best radio stations in the area and the DVD button, because lord knows we all like to watch movies from a flippin DVD while we drive, right?

I've considered writing up a constructive criticism review of the unit in hopes that maybe it will move Insane Audio to try harder, but I haven't had the heart to do it yet. I'm amazed the guys tackled creating their own radio, that feat alone is huge. I can't even imagine attempting that between designing the hardware and getting Android to run on it. I sort of don't want to knock the wind out of their sails, but on the flip side, I'm literally dumb-founded that as a company that had 100% artistic license to design this any way they wanted that they made so many poor design choices. They just really made some stupid design decisions that basically make it not very nice to use.

I am continually on the fence about getting rid of it but then I look at the market and I don't like any solution, include the Mopar ones like the 430n that I used to have. Then I use the topo apps that I have loaded on this and remember why I keep it, because for off-roading, it rocks, and I liked using Google Maps for navigation, and it still has a lot of potential with things like on-board dash-cam recording and other cool apps that can be loaded.
    Last edited by Timmy; 10-12-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Well, true to my previous comments about why I haven't sold my JK1001 yet, I have found yet another cool feature that I can use my Jk1001 for. I'm looking at getting the Switch-Pros SP8100 Programmable Switch Panel. They have built in bluetooth that can control the switching from an Android device. That means I can have the control for their switch panel on my JK1001 instead of having to have it on an external pod. Check out this video starting at 13 minutes in to see what can be done with an Android device and bluetooth. Of course you'll need to check out the first part of the video to even understand what the SP8100 is all about to begin with.