Yep you know its my creedo, cut the weight EVERYWHERE you can.

This is an email I got today.

Hey Ross, I sold my turbo dozer jeep this past Sat.. sad to see her go. but now im starting to put plans for a new build. 15 rubicon and id like to go the route you went being as light as possible. What other wheel option should i look for as far as the weight, i know weld has the lightest weight but what other wheels would you recommend, being weld racing my first choice what would you go for 2nd and 3rd. Thanks bro.

Here is the answer.

When it comes to wheels, You pay a LOT to save a little weight. Weld (25lbs) and PM truck wheels (sub 30lbs) are my picks for really light wheels. The welds I had were 2 pieces, (Weld T58) the PM Truck wheels were one piece, and were a little heaver.

I think a one piece forged wheel is stronger, so you have to decide how hard you plan to wheel it.

Cost - You are going to pay thru the nose for either Weld or PM Truck wheels. If you have the pockets for either of them, I say go for it. If not, I say DO NOT go half way. Spending $400 per wheel for something thats heavier than weld or PM Truck (those brands are $500 plus) is stupid.

Either you go all the way, or get something like Ultra wheels, ($120per) you can find them on tirerack and they are not much heavier than 30lbs or maybe they are at 30lbs and thats close enough, and the cost will be a fraction of the cost for the big boys. Also, if you scrape them up...you won't cry later.