Close

Lift Kit Questions

Hey all. More emails to threads.

Here's one I got a few days ago -

I have a 2008 jk unlimited. I would like to put a 3.5 inch suspension lift kit on it. My problem is I don't know what brand to trust or what is all too be in it. Many kits have different items. I'm really lost!

Its not, which lift is "best", its which lift is "best for you".

Here are my opening questions to try to get a feel for how to best answer.

How often do you wheel?
    How big are the tires you plan to use?
    What flares are you running or plan to run?
    What part of the country are you in?

Answer these, and I will be able to give you my pick, as each factor will alter the lift that suits you best.

I already have my lift, and am incredibly happy with it. Would you not want more information than that? I'd be asking about their price range, what the purpose of the lift is (Rock crawling, trail running, mall crawler) and a few other questions I'm sure would pop up.

But based on those 4 questions, my answers are..

I'm a weekend warrior, finding new trails as money and time allow.
    I've got 35's but plan on 37's.
    Metalcloak overline fenders
    Alberta, Canada.

Even though I have a lift, what would you recommend for me?

Lift Kit Questions

You're right hahaJK, the price range is very important. Throw me a bone and tell me a price range, and I'll give my recommendation

Lets do 3 answers. 1000 For budget builders, 2500 for non budget, and unlimited for the nuts out there.

subscribed. my answers are the same, except alberta, lets see if i got the right lift.

Yup long arm, short arm. 3 link, 4 link, armor weight, speed. Where I run in California a lot of the long arm guys get hung up in the rocks due to the lower control arm pivots being closer to the middle of the jeep. Also rocks catch the arms and unload tires. But the guys on regular trails and desert stuff love the long arm ride. I still am running my RK 3.5 with King's and speed bumps. Mostly rocks. Works for my trails we run.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.