Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lift kit questions

I'm new to the jeep life, I have a 2015 jku softtop. I've been looking into 3.5" lifts and there are not many sites that compare different brands. I'm wanting to run 35" tires, factory fenders for now. I live in Jacksonville Fl not very many places to go offroading, mainly local beaches. the jeep will be mainly use on the highway during the week. was looking to spend under $1000 but that doesn't seem possible from what have seen and read. So budget is just under $2000. any advice will be helpfull.
    if you know anywhere near by that can hit the trails that would be great as well

Check out Rock Krawler, Teraflex or Metalcloak in my opinion. I run a metal cloak myself and find it to be a great product, you'll want to look at upgrading your front driveshaft too so it doesn't rub.

This is a very capable kit
    http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Jeep-Du...ion-p/7117.htm

With the addition of the driveshaft I think you'd be very happy.

Not many websites compare a suspension directly against another suspension, you'll see a lot of opinions on what the best suspension is by reading up on the forums.

Thanks for the info. I checked it , going to add this one to the list of further reseach.

You won't find much on manufacturer vs manufacturer directly. Mostly due to the fact that the majority of people don't swap out lifts of different manufacturers very often. That's why it's all opinion based on what each individual runs.

I have actually run two different lifts. I started with a Terflex Performance Budget Boost in 2.5" with shock extensions on my first lift just to get the clearance over the new 35s (the wheels and tires showed up before the lift). I ran this lift for quite some time and it pretty much kept the factory ride due to keeping the stock springs and shocks. It's a good style of lift if you are on a budget and/ or don't plan on wheeling much. You can also upgrade this lift with Teraflex shocks.

Once I decided what I wanted from my jeep, I decided to go with Rock Krawler. I started off with their 2.5" Stock Mod and have sinced built up to their 2.5 X Factor. I added Fox shocks to this lift. Way more capability than the budget boost obviously.

I'm happy with it and we will see when 37s are ready to be bought and slapped on.

Thanks for the responce, I'm leaning toward just a booster lift myself and maybe change out factory shocks and springs.

With a 2k budget, from scratch, I'd look at one of the lower level RK lifts. The 2.5'' lift kits would be my pick with 35s.

I wheeled moab with a 2.5 x-factor RK lift and 34" Duratracs. (they call them 35s, but no "35" really is)

So 2.5" is plenty of height for 35s. Of the 2.5'' lifts, I'd look at the Max Travel. Its about $1300, and you can spend the rest on good reliable shocks. (2k budget).

With that start, there is very little you wouldnt be able to do.

I'm checking all leads. Thanks. anybody use Rebucon express lifts?

Ive seen them. Never wheeled them, but they were on the trail at moab in our group. Must have made it home.

Thanks, I think I'm going with the Rubicon Express 3.5" sport lift, 35" BFG all terain tires on 17" trail master wheels. should have the money saved up by the end of the year, will post pictures as I build.

with your 3.5 are you doing a steering stabilizer upgrade?