Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

lift kit questions

I've run AEV and now MetalCloak. The MC runs much softer than the AEV. The AEV is meant to handle much more weight. I spent double the money on the MC and it was worth every penny IMO.

will I have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
    will I have to?
    Run a steering stabilizer?

I've had no reason to use one yet. I'm on the 3.5" Gamechanger.

I was on the stock stabilizer for a long time. Till i changed it for a FOX when i had death wobble. Probably could have kept using it, but i hit it a bunch of time. My problem was the pitman arm, not the stabilizer.

I'm in the process of upgrading from the Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor to their 3.5 X-Factor. That's a nice upgrade at minimal cost for new coils, rear trackbar, coil wedges, and bumpstops. I knew there was a reason I put in Fox shocks and brake lines that were good up to 4.5" of lift.

ok I ordered my lift on Mothers Day!!! I went with Metal Cloak's 3.5" Game Changer lift Rocksport Edition, 317/70/17 Cooper ST MAXX tires, 17" Fuel Trophy wheels. I'll Post pictures when it is finished. 3 week back log on the lift. Gettin excited!

How's the ride quality with MC lift? I have the 2.5" Rubicon Express lift on my JK. It's a basic lift so I added adjustable lower control arms and front adjustable track bar. So far, I have no complaints. Good off-road performance, and drives nice on road.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
    Thanks, I think I'm going with the Rubicon Express 3.5" sport lift, 35" BFG all terain tires on 17" trail master wheels. should have the money saved up by the end of the year, will post pictures as I build.
    Were you able to install the Rubicon Express 3.5" lift? Would like to know your feedback about it. Is there any problem you encountered during the installation?