Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	1657I also recently installed a ripp supercharger with the high altitude pulley on my 3.6 manual. Had a small issue with the tune not being installed properly but one phone call to ripp cleared that up as they walked me through the tune install. The power gain is impressive and comes on very smooth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

This is our stage 2 kit at ONLY 5.5lbs

ENJOY!

I was interested in sprintex also, but the lack of real world chatter, to me, means that its not sorted out completely.

I do not want to be a guinea pig for 6k. I do not want to send logs and help a company figure things out while my rig is less than correct.

No thanks.

I was interested in sprintex also, but the lack of real world chatter, to me, means that its not sorted out completely.

I do not want to be a guinea pig for 6k. I do not want to send logs and help a company figure things out while my rig is less than correct.

No thanks.

I have a snorkel but I don't show off. I have nothing to prove.

Thats a sweet charger. His girl dosent love him anymore now.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Fuel economy is not an improvement with any power mod. You will find yourself driving more aggressively, and there goes your economic win fall.
    With the turbo kit, I actually have an overall slight increase in fuel economy. That includes a daily full throttle acceleration onto the freeway and other occasional moments of enjoying the boost.

I just think it's nice that I haven't killed my fuel economy, like what happens with most Jeep mods. When driving gently, I actually get a decent improvement, based on my unscientific results according to memory. I recently drove about 1800 miles total for a 1-week camping trip. About 700 miles of that was towing a small trailer fully loaded up with camping gear for a week, and a family of 4 in the jeep. I averaged just over 25 mpg for the whole trip.

I think with any of the forced induction mods, fuel economy won't get significantly worse than stock unless you drive aggressively most of the time. But also factor in the increased octane requirement. You will likely end up paying more $ per mile overall, even with a small increase to fuel economy, but not by a big enough amount to be worried about. I did the math at one point based on gas prices at the time, and I was on average just barely breaking even.

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    This is our stage 2 kit at ONLY 5.5lbs
    ENJOY!
    So that's with the stage 1 wastegate spring and the boost controller turned down/off all the way? And that Challenger must have the 5.7 Hemi.

What was the 1/4 mile result with only 5.5 psi?

And is there a video of you against a 6.4 Hemi Challenger? I heard you beat one of those at the strip with 9 psi boost.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    So that's with the stage 1 wastegate spring and the boost controller turned down/off all the way? And that Challenger must have the 5.7 Hemi.
    Yes, i am using the AEM TruBoost controller and had it set all the way down. it took me a minute to figure out why the rush was not as great as usual. However it made the video even more impressive.

What was the 1/4 mile result with only 5.5 psi?
    13.3 I believe

And is there a video of you against a 6.4 Hemi Challenger? I heard you beat one of those at the strip with 9 psi boost.
    The other video i have is coming out later this week or beginning of next. Its a good one.

Boosted1, are you associated with Prodigy?

This new turbo is making me sway towards the turbo.. the numbers were better than superchargers before, now they're out of control.

Can someone drive to western Canada and take me for a trail ride??? Ahhh.. that's what I need most. To take a drive in each one.

Quote Originally Posted by HahaJK View Post
    Boosted1, are you associated with Prodigy?
    Boosted1 *IS* Prodigy