Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    But at a 3k pricetag new in box, you almost have no choice.
    actually it was a used take off. the guy said on craigslist that he payed extra for a longer warranty for his jeep and that he learned after he installed that it voided it, and that sprintex' warranty did not cover returns. i was a bit skeptical, but after meeting him in person i didnt feel like anything was out of place. he explained the entire install and we went thru every piece and made sure the tuner was reset to stock, over about an hour and a half. i suppose it could still be considered a 'gamble' right up until its installed and working properly but im optimistic.

so its installed! its been on for about 2 days and so far its running pretty good except for a few things. there seems to be a slight 'bogging' when i floor it at low rpms, but i can live with it, as its rarely noticeable. of course id like to get it sorted out with a tune if possible. but the other is gas mileage. so the mpg meter on the dash has been reporting very low mpg, like 8-9. now i knew it wouldn't turn into a Prius with the supercharger on it but damn! i was really expecting a little better based on what ive read on forums. i haven't actually verified that by calculating based on tripometer/pump. however i do suspect something fishy. when i sit at like a stoplight or just idle, i can watch the mpg go down quickly on the dash. like if i reset it and drive maybe a mile to a stoplight, and then watch the meter, it goes 15.2....14.1.....13.6..... like updating every second down to maybe 8-9. it never did that before. and i cant imagine that its burning a bunch of fuel at idle because the supercharger shouldn't even be making boost. oh well, ill calculate when i fill up next.

aside from that, however, id say it works pretty well so far. no weird idling, no surging, no shifting issues (because its a 6speed). it just feels like a powerful stock jeep. its a weird feeling not having to floor it to get to highway speed. i still do feel that it could use a custom tune because of the 'bogging' feeling. other than that, i can 95% recommend it anyone with a manual trans. also, the supercharger whine is much more pleasant in person than when hearing it in videos, but thats just my opinion. it has more of an 'organic' sound to it with a bit more depth than videos can pick up. overall, for what i paid (3000), i dont think i could have spent that money better on my jeep! feel free to AMA. also, i can make a video if people are interested.

Just checking in to see how the Sprintex is treating ya?

Have you noticed anymore surging?

Have you hand-calculated recent MPG; wondering if it has improved at all?

Are you still happy with your purchase (imagine so) and installation?
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")

Hello all,
    New member and just waiting for my stage 2 turbo kit to get shipped from prodigy !

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo jk View Post
    Hello all,
    New member and just waiting for my stage 2 turbo kit to get shipped from prodigy !
    CONGRATS! your rig will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by doc5339 View Post
    Just checking in to see how the Sprintex is treating ya?

Have you noticed anymore surging?

Have you hand-calculated recent MPG; wondering if it has improved at all?

Are you still happy with your purchase (imagine so) and installation?
    so far the people at sprintex are working with me to get it right and they have been very good about responding to emails, but unfortunately the problem persists, and also it threw a code of P0113, which is intake temp sensor 1 high, whatever that means. the mpg is still suffering. overall, i really enjoy the power gains, but if the issue cant be totally resolved, then no i wouldnt say that im happy even for 3000$. as luck would have it, i will be visiting Lawton, OK soon, which is near their HQ in oklahoma city. so hopefully if things cant get resolved via email, then they can see the issue first hand and mess with it.

Check to see if the intake air temperature sensor is plugged in. We have seen this issue (code p0113) several times in the past. The installer just forgot to plug it in.

Hate to hear that you are not happy with the Sprintex. Unfortunately, you are the third out of three I have contacted who has had issues.

I understand that there are always some issues, but way too many to spend $5,495.00; at least you spent quite a bit less.

Good luck getting it dialed-in.

I am focusing on RIPP and ProCharger as RIPP seems to have mostly positive feedback and ProCharger is a similar design that just does not have the market penetration.
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    Check to see if the intake air temperature sensor is plugged in. We have seen this issue (code p0113) several times in the past. The installer just forgot to plug it in.
    Check out Wes from prodigy^^ chiming in to help someone sort out a competitor's power mod. very classy. I hadnt even considered a turbo because of the piping issues some have mentioned, ( i have no lift ) but seeing their top guy lend a hand has kinda changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Check out Wes from prodigy^^ chiming in to help someone sort out a competitor's power mod. very classy. I hadnt even considered a turbo because of the piping issues some have mentioned, ( i have no lift ) but seeing their top guy lend a hand has kinda changed my mind.
    Definitely a solid move by Wes.