Close

Thread: Project: Brutus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    At Christmas I found out my wife either REALLY loves me or just wanted me to stop spending so much time researching Jeep parts every night. I was obsessed with looking at lift kits, and was ready to work on the side to make up the necessary money needed. But she bought me the full lift that I had researched to death and dreamed of daily..

Full Metalcloak Gamechanger ARB Edition. I understand the 6-Pack shocks don't hold up AS well in our environment up in Canada due to the constant grit/salt/snow and changing climate. In addition I bought a driveshaft from Adams Driveshaft who I will undoubtedly deal with again, great company and phenomenal pricing.

Up on the lift..

All finished up

Parked beside a stock Jeep for comparison..

I lucked out HARD. Full Metalcloak Overline set with inner fenders for sale in my city. Rare to see this stuff go up for sale.. the catch? It was bedlined and looked terrible.

I found a product called "Aircraft Remover" - you brush it on, and you watch it bubble. Scrape it off after then sand down the bare steel. I put about 45-50 hours into cleaning these up.

But the results were worth it.

Last edited by HahaJK; 09-02-2015 at 01:50 PM.