Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: Brutus

Went back out to TORE again last night, took my fenders off for the first time. I had to put Anti Seize on the bolts, so I figured I may as well try the run without them anyways.

Same amount of mud on the vehicle after.. just happens a lot quicker lol. Definitely see the benefits of running with no fenders on trips requiring maximum clearance.

I'm trying to grab a few of the videos taken too, there was one massive hole I'm pretty stoked I got through.

Otherwise.. I need to remove a few of the bump stops provided by Metalcloak to maximize on performance without the fenders.

A few more

This is something someone suggested to me that I NEVER thought of before to clean it up. I've been experiencing some good vibrations on the road recently, and I figured I had some mud in my inner tires. I didn't expect this much, but there was about 5lb of mud per tire putting them out of balance. Anyways, toss a sprinkler under your rig and let it do the majority of the work.

Disclaimer: Empty parking lot, useless rear corner. Very back.

that mud hole is calling my name! the shot with the truck in the ditch with the one light mudded out is my favorite.

You look like you could use a front bumper upgrade. I suggest poison spider BFH front bumper with no barwork. Just the plain slab of steel. Super minimalist. I think it personifies your jeep well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bumper-ps-1716020d-m_2377.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	1650

A lot of those holes were a lot more surprising than usual lol. I have a few facebook videos, not sure how to upload them on here though nor get them onto youtube. I'll figure it out.

Two things..

Here's a video from that day of a bigger waterhole.

And after that, it was time for a good power polish. Winters coming and I wanted her to look as good as possible.

Feels nice, I do love black vehicles and I love clean vehicles. As much as I enjoy the mud, I make sure she's taken care of for the long haul.

And I've never TRULY understood differentials, but I have a better grasp now. I built this diff to mimic my Dana, it's almost the same size as the Dana 30 lol. I was going to build a scale model jeep with working diffs, but at almost 1:1 I don't have enough room nor enough K'Nex.

What's next for this monster?

i love k-nex.

whats the tire carrier? and does it fit in a garage door?

First thing is cash flow... A few more priorities take precedence over the jeep right now unfortunately.

But fafter that will be a roof rack and false roof. The same guy who built my tire carrier will be building those.

I lost a lot of cargo space when I went with this specific top - the roof rack designed for my setup will increase what I was capable of before seven fold..

And I don't know about where you guys live, but some days I'll wake up to a foot (At worst usually 3 feet) of snow on the ground - which is a lot of weight for a soft top to handle if it's outside. So the plan is to build 3 panels - simple rectangles. One to cover the cargo area, one to cover the rear passengers and one for the front. I'm thinking aluminum tops covered in either black vinyl or powder coated. I'll bolt those to the cage and body in pre existing holes, put insulation on top, and then cover it with the soft top. It will be insulated and way harder to break into, both goals of mine.

Otherwise I have a guy wanting to do some shots of her tonight, so hopefully I'll have those to share soon - oh, and I started talking to the owner of Trail Jeeps in Colorado about a prodigy stage 2 turbo setup with a custom tune.. But that's a goal for the future

P.s. - the tire carrier is custom built and depends on the height of your garage. 7" doors and it's too close for comfort, and I'll be upping the tires to 37s as well.

Just a quick update, since I've had nothing to update lately.

Had a little fun out at the nearby off-road facility.

The other thing I wanted to try out.. my soft top has been so incredibly dirty lately. Trips to the car wash, hand scrubbing with soap and water - nothing pulled the mud out. So I picked up some Duplicolour Fabric Paint to see how that would help out..

On the left is the deeply engrained mud etc.. on the right, freshly painted.

The other thing I didn't like was the grey interior, so I sprayed that too.

It turned out incredibly well - the darker the interior, the happier I am. Looks stock, no blemishes at all. I'm pleased!

Now if only I was having the same turbo issues UselessPickles is..

But that's for the future.

Otherwise, here's 3 beauty shots:

Sweet Jeep. I love build threads.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

that rear bumper brings me back. I had my rear bumper chopped just like that for a looong time. Ended up with the nemesis aluminum bumper.