2 20.00%
  • SPRINTEX

4 40.00%
  • MAGNUSSON

3 30.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vote for your supercharger of choice

My poll on JK-Forum now has Edelbrock almost neck-and-neck with RIPP. This is not very scientific, but it does give me an idea what Jeepers seem to like.

I
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")

Quote Originally Posted by doc5339 View Post
    My poll on JK-Forum now has Edelbrock almost neck-and-neck with RIPP. This is not very scientific, but it does give me an idea what Jeepers seem to like.
    That's interesting because I've never seen an Edelbrock E-Force on a JK. I wonder why it's getting votes? Is there an installed base of E-Force units out there? I'd love to see a real world example. I installed a MAG unit myself (and uninstalled it along with the v-6). That said, I read the installation instructions for the E-Force unit and can say that if it goes in per the instructions and the heat exchanger and bracketry are as shown in their literature that it's much improved over the MAG unit. It's like Edelbrock saw what MAG did and leveraged the R&D to come out with a second generation Eaton TVS1320 based supercharger. That's just my opinion.

In the end I believe results rest more with calibration than hardware. All the best parts can be rendered useless if you can't "tune" the engine to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    That's interesting because I've never seen an Edelbrock E-Force on a JK. I wonder why it's getting votes? Is there an installed base of E-Force units out there? I'd love to see a real world example. I installed a MAG unit myself (and uninstalled it along with the v-6). That said, I read the installation instructions for the E-Force unit and can say that if it goes in per the instructions and the heat exchanger and bracketry are as shown in their literature that it's much improved over the MAG unit. It's like Edelbrock saw what MAG did and leveraged the R&D to come out with a second generation Eaton TVS1320 based supercharger. That's just my opinion.

In the end I believe results rest more with calibration than hardware. All the best parts can be rendered useless if you can't "tune" the engine to use them.
    Honestly, I am not finding anyone driving around with an Edelbrock E-Force? That said, 40% of votes were for Edelbrock, 50% for RIPP, and I believe 10% for Magnuson last time I looked over on JK-Forum.com. Most people were probably voting on what they "would" have more than what they have.

Hoop skier on that same forum is the only person that I have found who actually purchased on (he also voted), and his is still installing the E-Force as far as I know.