Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")

Finally heard something back on the Edelbrock E-Force installed on an auto trans. This is copied from JK-Forum:

Originally Posted by doc5339
    Tons of questions:

-How was the installation and about how long did it take?

-Have noticed a terrible drop in MPG (hand-calculated, not on the EVIC "lie-o-meter")?

-Does the Horsepower and Torque feel linear, does it die-off at any given RPM?

-had any issues with the engine overheating, or just running a bit hot?

-How many miles have you been driving it and what type of driving do you do most?

Thanks in advance!
    The installation took me about about 16 hours total and that was because I was missing the evap hose, drill bit, nitrous flare jet, and some other miscellaneous nuts and bolts. So it is always best to check to make sure you have absolutely every nut and bolt counted out before you start. I was so excited to do the install that I didn't do a thorough check. I had to make several trips to the parts store and make up some things as I went along because I did the install over the weekend. Edelbrock did next day the missing items the following business day, but I do think it can be done in about 8 hours if you have everything. The install was not at all difficult. I think the most difficult part of the install was routing one of the stainless fuel lines and that was just because there was not a lot of space near the firewall.

Gas mileage was disappointing at first. On a long ~900mi road trip mostly uphill, I averaged 8mpg. Before the supercharger I got 16-17mpg on the same trip. My normal work commute, mostly highway I was getting about 11mpg. After recalibrating the gas pedal with the procal I've been getting better mileage and improved pedal response. I'm now averaging about 15mpg, which is about 1-2mpg less than stock.

Power wise, it is a totally different vehicle from a dead stop. It just takes off like a rocket and has good torque down low. Passing wise is so-so uphill when going faster than 70mph. I didn't notice much of a difference vs stock for uphill passing. On a flat surface it's much better. It could be much faster if the auto trans wasn't so finicky. It doesn't like to shift at WOT when getting near the red line and I end up hitting the rev limiter usually when it tries to shift out of second and there's even a delay when manually shifting and I still hit the rev limiter. As for flat spots I haven't noticed anything that really sticks out to me. Maybe around 4500 rpm it doesn't seem to pull as hard off the line, but for the most part it feels the same throughout the power band.

I did have issues with the Jeep running very hot. On long hill climbs the temp gauge would go almost to the H. I've had the temp light come on and I've had to pull over to let it cool. I upgraded to the Mishimoto radiator thinking it would help and it still would get hot. I ended up changing my water pump (it was squeaking) and did a vacuum refill on it and it seems to be much better. I have yet to see it climb past 230F on a long hill climb. For the most part it does run pretty hot at idle. I've been keeping track of the temp with a scan guage and it idles at 208F and the fan is almost always running whether or not the ac is on.

I've put about 6k miles on it so far. I think that it probably needs a custom tune for me to be totally happy with it (or maybe if I had a manual instead of an auto since the trans is really the main driveability issue for me) . I'm having an issue with emissions right now that I'm trying to get resolved I have no cel, but it has 2 readiness monitors that are showing incomplete (fuel & o2 sensor) and its had at least 3 weeks since the last time the battery was reset. I do mixed driving, about 50/50 city/highway.
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff

More opinions from Edelbrock E-Force owners (copied from JK-Forum):

Originally Posted by Hoopskier
    I read Josh's opinion and I found a thread on JKowners that I believe is him as well with some others comments. After reading the tuning issues there, and having tuning issues of my own, it is kind of discouraging. Don't like that I have to buy a new PCM to get my JK to accept the Edelbrock tune, and then get Procal for gear and tire adjustments. Others using multiple brand on handheld tuners for different functions. Starting to believe that it will cost much $ more, more than just what the kit cost in order to get things running right, if they ever do. At least another $1k,

Looks like my cost analysis was flawed. Thought since it was a "kit" it was good to go.

Stick more money into it, or jump ship. Hate to throw more good money after bad. Maybe should have done more research like doc.
    You are absolutely right. Unfortunately for me I didn't know what I was getting myself in to and had to throw money and a lot of time into it to get it right. I absolutely love it now, but that was not the case in the beginning.

I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to a v8 swap, but after the issues I had to work my way through and the fact that I still need a custom tune, a v8 doesn't seem that expensive anymore. Knowing what I know now, I would have just gone with a v8. Now, I will say if you have a manual you will probably be okay, but if you have an auto I would reconsider a supercharger or if you insist on having one, just know that you may run into issues and that your transmission will sometimes hang onto a gear (usually on an incline, otherwise on a flat surface shifts are quick).
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff

i say go turbo if you have an auto. word on the street is it shifts and is fast as hell.

also, v8 swaps are not fool proof. You have issues that cost more with the SC im sure something would pop up with the swap that would cost a few bucks.

Vote for your supercharger of choice

I agree regarding the engine swaps; desirable, but no shortage of expense and hassle.

I posted those over from JK-Forum just to show a couple of Edelbrock E-Force owners' impressions. Seems like the E-Force is possibly on par or below the level of out-of-the-box tuning that Magnuson delivers. That said, install looks very clean other than drilling the engine block in one spot. I like that the Edelbrock Kit because it uses good fasteners as well like real hose-clamps as opposed to worm-drive hose clamps that cause pressure points and generally cause plastic and some metal fittings to crack. Edelbrock Kit also really looks great, but maybe not the best Roots if only because of the out-of-the-box tune.

As for me, I am now between RIPP and ProCharger; was so close to getting Progidy Stage II but just not willing to add spacers/bump stops for pipe clearance.
    Last edited by doc5339; 10-18-2015 at 01:51 AM.
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff

Hoopskier from JK-Forum is selling his Edelbrock E-Force at a fair price. Apparently the additional tuning was out of his price range?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff

its the only way to sell it. "i ran out of money". he bought it already, the money was already spent. There is no continued cost.

If he said, "I put it on and it sucked" No one would buy it.

The fast removal leaves me scratching my head. My gut says he didnt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    its the only way to sell it. "i ran out of money". he bought it already, the money was already spent. There is no continued cost.

If he said, "I put it on and it sucked" No one would buy it.

The fast removal leaves me scratching my head. My gut says he didnt like it.

Apparently his previously installed FlashCal tune did not help?

From Hoopskier on the JK-Forum regarding how complete his lightly used Edelbrock E-Force kit is and why he is selling:
    "Essentially nothing is needed to complete the kit. I ran into a tuning issue with my JK, because of some prior software that I had used. This issue is unique to my JK. For my JK it requires the PCM to be replaced, and won't let me use my Flashcal, for tire size changes, (or my Airaid kit). I set a budget for this project, and have to stick with it. The extras put me over, so it is no longer a go."

My only reservations about buying this E-Force Supercharger myself is that I know it will have higher engine temperatures, and I will probably need to have a custom tune made for it. I am also locked into "analysis mode" until I get some data and feedback from ProCharger owners before I actually buy one of these contraptions.

Was the computer not set back to factory parameters before the install?

What would make his JK have unique programming over any other JK from the factory? The only thing that could be different would be if the FlashCal was not used to set it back to OEM. Someone please enlighten me.

My impression is that the FlashCal messed-up the Edelbrock tune somehow? It may simply be that the tune provided by Edelbrock is just not that good, as this is a common theme with bolt-on forced induction particularly when first released.

The one other person that I have found with the E-Force went with a custom tune.

You could PM Hoopskier over on JK-Forum for a direct answer.
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff