2 20.00%
  • SPRINTEX

4 40.00%
  • MAGNUSSON

3 30.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vote for your supercharger of choice

Here is what I have observed (keep in my mind that i have a manual transmission, therefore I ignore auto trans woes) by reading through threads, Internet searches, and YouTube:

Magnuson (Roots-type) uses Eaton 1320 TVS Rotors, does not allow for direct access to the oil filter, and it has an electric pump (water may damage it) down low near the axle. Well-documented install and proven results on the JK and other makes/models. Being a Roots-type, the Magnuson is still susceptible to heat soak.

Sprintex (Lysholm "Screw"-type) uses S5-335 Screw Compressor, also requires the air tube be removed to access the oil filter, however, on a positive note, it uses nylon rather than metal between the engine and the actual supercharger, which supposedly mitigates heat-soak. Sprintex has a 30 year history building superchargers for many makes/models, and I won't hold the fact their Australian against them.

RIPP (Centrifugal) requires trimming off the sides of the grill and grinding of the manifold, and seems more pervious to water intrusion. The RIPP should not have the potential heat soak issues of the Roots-type SCs. Being a centrifugal (Vortech) supercharger, its power delivery is exponential and therefore not immediate. Dyno numbers are great as are many owner reviews, however, I lean toward the instant and constant power delivery of the Roots-type blowers.

Edelbrock E-Force (Roots-type) uses Eaton 1320 Rotors appears to eliminate the oil filter access issue that the Magnuson and Sprintex have, though it is probably still susceptible to heat-soak. I am probably just being partial to it because it looks good installed and says "Made in U.S.A." on it. I am still waiting to hear about installation results from the other forum. It is about 8-10 actual hours of installation according to the guy installing it who has been doing 2-3 hours at a time.
    Last edited by doc5339; 09-28-2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: new information/revision typo
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")