• SPRINTEX

4 40.00%
  • MAGNUSSON

3 30.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    More opinions from Edelbrock E-Force owners (copied from JK-Forum):

Originally Posted by Hoopskier
    I read Josh's opinion and I found a thread on JKowners that I believe is him as well with some others comments. After reading the tuning issues there, and having tuning issues of my own, it is kind of discouraging. Don't like that I have to buy a new PCM to get my JK to accept the Edelbrock tune, and then get Procal for gear and tire adjustments. Others using multiple brand on handheld tuners for different functions. Starting to believe that it will cost much $ more, more than just what the kit cost in order to get things running right, if they ever do. At least another $1k,

Looks like my cost analysis was flawed. Thought since it was a "kit" it was good to go.

Stick more money into it, or jump ship. Hate to throw more good money after bad. Maybe should have done more research like doc.
    You are absolutely right. Unfortunately for me I didn't know what I was getting myself in to and had to throw money and a lot of time into it to get it right. I absolutely love it now, but that was not the case in the beginning.

I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to a v8 swap, but after the issues I had to work my way through and the fact that I still need a custom tune, a v8 doesn't seem that expensive anymore. Knowing what I know now, I would have just gone with a v8. Now, I will say if you have a manual you will probably be okay, but if you have an auto I would reconsider a supercharger or if you insist on having one, just know that you may run into issues and that your transmission will sometimes hang onto a gear (usually on an incline, otherwise on a flat surface shifts are quick).
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")

i say go turbo if you have an auto. word on the street is it shifts and is fast as hell.

also, v8 swaps are not fool proof. You have issues that cost more with the SC im sure something would pop up with the swap that would cost a few bucks.