Finally heard something back on the Edelbrock E-Force installed on an auto trans. This is copied from JK-Forum:

Originally Posted by doc5339
Tons of questions:

-How was the installation and about how long did it take?

-Have noticed a terrible drop in MPG (hand-calculated, not on the EVIC "lie-o-meter")?

-Does the Horsepower and Torque feel linear, does it die-off at any given RPM?

-had any issues with the engine overheating, or just running a bit hot?

-How many miles have you been driving it and what type of driving do you do most?

Thanks in advance!
The installation took me about about 16 hours total and that was because I was missing the evap hose, drill bit, nitrous flare jet, and some other miscellaneous nuts and bolts. So it is always best to check to make sure you have absolutely every nut and bolt counted out before you start. I was so excited to do the install that I didn't do a thorough check. I had to make several trips to the parts store and make up some things as I went along because I did the install over the weekend. Edelbrock did next day the missing items the following business day, but I do think it can be done in about 8 hours if you have everything. The install was not at all difficult. I think the most difficult part of the install was routing one of the stainless fuel lines and that was just because there was not a lot of space near the firewall.

Gas mileage was disappointing at first. On a long ~900mi road trip mostly uphill, I averaged 8mpg. Before the supercharger I got 16-17mpg on the same trip. My normal work commute, mostly highway I was getting about 11mpg. After recalibrating the gas pedal with the procal I've been getting better mileage and improved pedal response. I'm now averaging about 15mpg, which is about 1-2mpg less than stock.

Power wise, it is a totally different vehicle from a dead stop. It just takes off like a rocket and has good torque down low. Passing wise is so-so uphill when going faster than 70mph. I didn't notice much of a difference vs stock for uphill passing. On a flat surface it's much better. It could be much faster if the auto trans wasn't so finicky. It doesn't like to shift at WOT when getting near the red line and I end up hitting the rev limiter usually when it tries to shift out of second and there's even a delay when manually shifting and I still hit the rev limiter. As for flat spots I haven't noticed anything that really sticks out to me. Maybe around 4500 rpm it doesn't seem to pull as hard off the line, but for the most part it feels the same throughout the power band.

I did have issues with the Jeep running very hot. On long hill climbs the temp gauge would go almost to the H. I've had the temp light come on and I've had to pull over to let it cool. I upgraded to the Mishimoto radiator thinking it would help and it still would get hot. I ended up changing my water pump (it was squeaking) and did a vacuum refill on it and it seems to be much better. I have yet to see it climb past 230F on a long hill climb. For the most part it does run pretty hot at idle. I've been keeping track of the temp with a scan guage and it idles at 208F and the fan is almost always running whether or not the ac is on.

I've put about 6k miles on it so far. I think that it probably needs a custom tune for me to be totally happy with it (or maybe if I had a manual instead of an auto since the trans is really the main driveability issue for me) . I'm having an issue with emissions right now that I'm trying to get resolved I have no cel, but it has 2 readiness monitors that are showing incomplete (fuel & o2 sensor) and its had at least 3 weeks since the last time the battery was reset. I do mixed driving, about 50/50 city/highway.