Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here is the dyno chart with the original dyno on the same page.

Here's what you have to understand. In 4th gear, when we started, the truck had a speed limiter that we hit around 5500 rpm. Thats why the band is shorter.

In 3rd gear we got around 220 hp. keeping away from the speed limiter.

4th gear is more the 1 to 1 with the stock tires, and without the limiter you can see the results. I only mention it, because I think the pentastar makes about 225 "uncorrected" which makes sense and agrees with black betty's stock dyno last year.

So this is the chart of both 4th gear pulls, but the lower one is short because of the speed limiter in the JK that was removed with the magnuson tune. (thus we don't hit it after)

Even tho we didn't get the same numbers magnuson got, that torque curve is pretty sexy.

Stock vs. Supercharged Dyno Chart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnuson Dyno Stock Dyno Laid over.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	213

There was a fan on when this pull happened. The guy doing the dyno didn't start working with the fan on. The point i was trying to make was maybe this wasn't the most professional set up. But in NJ its hard to find a dyno, we drove 50 min to get to this one.

That 4th gear dyno is cut short by the speed limiter. I think the pentastar makes about 220 whp. UNCORRECTED. I think you can expect more like 65 whp increase from stock with my numbers.

The magunson dyno shows a better power gain.

Is it because my numbers are the 4th pull of the day? Poor ventilation?

I don't know. but for reference I wanted to give you guys what I got.

I think another dyno will tell the tale. Im going to get there early and keep it cold, then make it sing.

Better air flow and a cold SC is the way to get the best numbers, but that takes the real world testing and puts it in a test tube which is not my intention.

Betty's dyno won't happen for at least 10 days, as i have to wait for Super Bowl sunday to pass, its a mad house in this area right now.

I sent magnuson my air flow files and they told me that the flow is off or the unit reading the flow is off. So I'm going to let them look it over and if they send a new tune between now and the next dyno i may have new info.

If the new numbers are significantly different we will know its the shop i used, as the weak link in the chain.

Sweet pea's gettin new oil before dyno

Name:	Magnuson oil filter.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	214

This is the magnuson oil filter, its 2 pieces because with the blower on the engine, you cannot get a standard oil filter in and out.

2nd dyno chart for magnuson

Name:	manguson most recent dyno chart.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	289

Now, about the chart I posted,

Magnuson told me to bring it to 6100 rpm. We took it to 6500.

Here's what I want you to see.... there is no "crest".

The power line keeps going, What that says is that this unit has more firepower than this dyno is showing. The mechanics wanted us to take it to 7k, but I wouldnt let them with the truck not belonging to me.

Pete was standing right there, and seemed like he wasnt against taking it further, but had something gone wrong i wouldnt have forgiven myself.

He LOVES his jeep more than anyone I know, and Im a guy who LOVES his Jeep.

No one here is taking their truck past 6500 regardless.

What I like -

That torque curve is very strong, and its consistant, when you check the prior dyno, its the same line.

What I dont like -

Anyone who buys this unit should consider an intake, Im going to put on on Sweet Pea, because I think the stock intake is -

1. air constrictive.
    2. kills the sound that pentastar makes.

Right now Sweet Pea sounds far more "polite" than betty, but would she scream with the intake on? Get the plastic cover off her mouth. I'm pretty sure the difference would be night vs. day.

Ill get one on and sound bite it.

Then the question will be....what does she dyno at with the intake's less restrictive air flow?.......

I am expecting an intake and exhaust to make a drastic difference in sound. To the layperson, I'm not sure you would even here the supercharger.

Agreed on both accounts.

I think an intake will change the sound significantly.