Quote Originally Posted by acchou View Post
I have a 2014 Rubi and stock everything except for the 4'5 lift and 37's. My question is on the transfer case, drive shaft and differentials. There will be additional stress on those things because of higher torque. But I am wondering on how long the stock items will last?
Probably the best place to look for your answer is with people who have done the V8 swap years ago. The SC's and Turbo's are too new to even have enough data to know how the stock parts will hold up. The V8 swap guys have been doing that for years now, so they would have the most real-world data on how much added torque the stock parts can handle.

For the differentials, at least you know the specs of a Dana 44, etc. and those are often used in the application of a V8. For the drive shaft, well, it is busts, damn, it busts, and you buy a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if there is lots of information out there on the transfer case and what other vehicles are using the same transfer case that potentially have a higher torque engine in them? I know *nothing* about the t-case, but, did it come from Mercedes? Is it used in the Grand Cherokee as well? Maybe a Durango? If so, then you'll probably have your answer that it can handle more torque just fine.