Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seat of the pants Dyno -

Ok, here's my impressions.

First, you know its different right away. The sound is not as crazy as I expected. Its more subdued, So right now i'd classify Sweet Pea as a sleeper.

She will roll up with her fully stock exterior, then smoke you.

I think that as soon as you add an aftermarket intake like AFE's unit, you will here the more pronounced SHRIEK. I need to see if I can get my hands on one of those and take another sound byte.

Driving-

The power is linear and seemless. More of a freight train feeling early in the RPM band. The power delivery is well planned and there is no burst of power anywhere in the curve.

The torque is lurking under your gas pedal all the time. Nudge the throttle in any gear and you'll know its not stock.

The pentastar loves the extra air getting forced in.

Magnsuon Sound Byte

Here it is...

the pentastar with an aftermarket intake and NO supercharger sounds mean. I'll see about getting one installed

THIS VIDEO IS SOUND OF AN INTAKE NO SUPERCHARGER> JUST MAKING A POINT.

Driveability is spot on. You wouldn't know the truck was supercharged if you didn't know jeeps and got behind the wheel. You would just think it was powerful. The power dosent come on all at once, like a lot of aftermarket power mods. You would just think jeeps were fast. The power is steady across the rpm band.

stop and go traffic? no different than any pentastar, but the gas pedal feels lighter and the power plant is always more "ready" with power if you brush against the gas pedal.

Remember this is a stock Rubi outside of the SC so we aren't making it turn huge tires, or steel bumpers or any of that stuff. Sweet pea will get built up this year but for right now we were looking for the max power without weighing her down.

One issue is some power surging at cruising speeds on the highway, Im sure it will get sorted in the next tune.

Hemi still worth the money?

Either supercharger will smoke a hemi. My position is that there is NO point in tearing your engine out for a hemi. If you followed my threads, there was a thread that I opened about a year about challenging anyone with a hemi to line up with Black Betty. I watched the thread and cultivated it for months.

There were no takers, And im not in kansas somewhere, I can see NYC out my window. The most money in the country is in this area, so there are hemi's here. Did anyone want to tangle with Betty? NOPE.

I made the offer publicly. And would have taped the race had I been able to get an opponent. Couldnt have put my money on the table more.

As far as RIPP vs. Magnuson directly, The head to head is coming.

I wanted to give the Magnuson info out to catch up with the work we did with RIPP's unit last year.

Once the same tests are done, we will line them up and test head to head.

First Dyno

Here's how it went.

My dyno is first. We had some issues with the air in the shop, the guy was running it without a fan. Pete, one of my guys, and the owner of the truck had to turn the fan on in the place.

Here are my numbers and Magnuson's.

They are on two different dyno machines, in different locations, and Im feeling like I might want to get another shot at the dyno with sweet pea.

Sweet Pea's First dyno

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnuson Dyno 1st.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	210

Here is Magnuson's own chart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnuson dyno chart from magnuson.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	211