Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Still a ways to go... And we HATE back tracking. Trying to get it right the first time. No real mechanics here either just guys with a little tech knowledge carefully reading the instructions.

Crossing 7 working hours

IMPOTRANT- the black hose my finger is on runs to the magnuson air cooler in the trucks nose, there is more than one route to run it thru, make sure it's not kinked. Its dark but my finger is basicly at 12 o'clock in the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson coolant hose.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	195

Cooler pump and bracket assembled and about to be installed

Name:	JeepLab Magnsuon Cooler Pump .jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	197

Black Betty makes an appearance.....

Name:	JeepLab Magnsuon RIPP.jpg 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	198

Coolant reservoir and hose to the pump. Lots of steps.... But very well thought out instructions.

Name:	JeepLab Magnsuon almost done.jpg 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	199

Wiring her up!! Feels like the home stretch!! This is the fuse center and relay for the pump. Wires run to pump, battery, ground, and we are drilling the hole for the trigger to run to sweet pea's fuse center.

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson Wires 1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	200

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson Wires 2.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	201

This install is going faster than I can post. Full intake is back in. Look stock? It is the stock intake. This means you can go with an after market induction system or go with a snorkel

Name:	JeepLab Magnsuon intake 2.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	202

DONE!! Right about 9 hours and we stopped half way to eat. There were no surprises and I posted it all in real time so you can look at the speed we went from the posts. We started at 10am and finished around 7pm.

Important note- we've never installed anything like this before. We had no idea what to expect. The time we took is what you can expect.

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson Complete.jpg 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	203

correction

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Wiring her up!! Feels like the home stretch!! This is the fuse center and relay for the pump. Wires run to pump, battery, ground, and we are drilling the hole for the trigger to run to sweet pea's fuse center.

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson Wires 1.jpg 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	200

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson Wires 2.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	201

Hey guys, when I noted this step. I stated that one of the wires from the relay and fuse center went to the battery. This is incorrect. The red wire im referring to in this post goes to the jeeps factory fuse center. Not the battery.

Seat of the pants Dyno -

Ok, here's my impressions.

First, you know its different right away. The sound is not as crazy as I expected. Its more subdued, So right now i'd classify Sweet Pea as a sleeper.

She will roll up with her fully stock exterior, then smoke you.

I think that as soon as you add an aftermarket intake like AFE's unit, you will here the more pronounced SHRIEK. I need to see if I can get my hands on one of those and take another sound byte.

Driving-

The power is linear and seemless. More of a freight train feeling early in the RPM band. The power delivery is well planned and there is no burst of power anywhere in the curve.

The torque is lurking under your gas pedal all the time. Nudge the throttle in any gear and you'll know its not stock.

The pentastar loves the extra air getting forced in.