Close

Just bent my built D44 front axle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JV picture.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	1667So I got 30 thousand miles on my Jeep. I do wheel it hard and sometimes at high speed in the desert. The axle has Evo D44 sleeves that were Rosette welded and then welded at the mouth of the tube. Also had Evo sleeve gussets installed at the same time. My drivers side is bent a couple of degrees negative now. Enough that you can see it with your naked eye. My track bar bracket had ripped off on a trail in Big Bear. We trail welded it back on. Thats when it most likely happened. Any way. I have RCV's in the front and it is geared with 4.56 gears. I am thinking that I want to replace the bent housing with a Currie Rock Jock 3. It comes with 3.25 inch tubes that are .375 thick and 1/4 inch thick brackets. I am suspect of trying to straighten a welded stocker. Any ideas out there.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

OMG.

Did you look at dynatrac for the new axle? Pro rock? They are pretty sexy, and you can buy it complete. I'd also suggest the artec truss, seems like the only hardware you didnt have.

Yes they are right down the road from me. I am going there this week to look at a Pro Rock unlimited 44 housing. I will most likely truss it when I get it.
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

I don't think the pro rock needs a truss. That thing is pretty beefy!

Whoa. I just found out it is the lower ball joint thats bad. Yay I just saved 3000 bucks.

how does that cure the bend in the axle that you can see from the outside?

I saw the tire leaning in. Not a bend in the axle. Sorry after rereading that it did sound like I could see the bend in the tube.