Close

Thinking of a TJ.....

Hey team

Im thinking about picking up a TJ, I cannot believe the prices.

Anything that one should check? Things that show abuse?

Im interested also. I dont know the ins and outs of a TJ, but they do look like fun to mod.

I'm going to start looking for a TJ or LJ around the end of 2016. My oldest will be driving in a couple of years and we are thinking this would be a great way to go to get her into the jeep life. I need to start learning about them as well.

Years ago there was an article in 4 Wheeler called "TeraFlex TJ." I was so impressed with the truck they built that it inspired me to "someday" build a Jeep. Before that article I didn't know what an approach or departure angle was or why they matter. I didn't know about suspension twist, coil spring or control arms. Well someday came with Jeeps being JKs. When I bought Cherry Bomb I first looked at TeraFlex suspensions thinking they might still be best. I quickly learned that TeraFlex has competition and became overwhelmed by all the choices an opinions. Man, I would love to see someone build a TJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Man, I would love to see someone build a TJ!!!
    I may grant your wish. Now to find one. It's super slim pickens out there, once you decide you want an LJ and a 6 speed. searching....searching....

Do an engine swap. What is the lightest most powerful crate motor you can cram into a tj engine bay?

I dont know why people go with hemi's, There are other options for smaller lighter engines with better power to weight ratios.