Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DISREGARD Wtb: Used ripp supercharger for manual transmission 3.6 pentastar

Looking for a great deal on a take-off SuperCharger Kit for the Manual Transmission 3.6 Pentastar. I have a 2013 JKUR.

Please PM if you are trying to get rid of yours.

Thanks for looking, found a Magnuson Supercharger; deal pending.
    Last edited by doc5339; 01-03-2016 at 03:34 AM. Reason: found one

Quote Originally Posted by doc5339 View Post
    Looking for a great deal on a take-off RIPP SuperCharger Kit for the Manual Transmission 3.6 Pentastar. I have a 2013 JKUR.

Please PM if you are trying to get rid of yours.
    i'd be careful with this. it better be an excellent deal, as you'll be getting it without warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    i'd be careful with this. it better be an excellent deal, as you'll be getting it without warranty.
    At approx $5,600 (best deal I have found new), I can't justify it. I could buy a used Hemi or LS 5.3 and 6L80E for that price or less.

I have noticed that many V8 swap customers had forced induction on their Pentastars. I am hoping to get lucky on the next guy to do an engine swap.
    Last edited by doc5339; 01-03-2016 at 03:35 AM. Reason: typo

The guy with the Cherry Bomb hemi took off a magnuson, maybe PM him

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    The guy with the Cherry Bomb semi took off a magnuson, maybe PM him
    Thanks, I did contact him awhile back, but never heard back regarding how complete the kit is. I just followed-up with him via PM, hopefully my offer is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPmeOVER View Post
    The guy with the Cherry Bomb semi took off a magnuson, maybe PM him
    Thanks again for the nudge. Looks like I have a deal on that Magnuson out of Cherry Bomb.

well done. show us some pics of the install!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    well done. show us some pics of the install!
    Will do, though I probably will not have it installed until some time in March.

Will do, though I probably will not have it installed until some time in March.
    Recently completed the installation of the pre-owned Magnuson Supercharger that I acquired from gbaumann. I am embarrassed to post pictures now because I have a jerry-rigged PCV breather/catch-can setup made of scraps. I was not planning on bending stainless steel as the gbaumann, but now I am actually considering that, maybe with copper. I purchased some type M 1/2" cooper and figured I would plumb it with push-fittings and use rubber hoses at the catch can.

Regarding the Magnuson with my Manual Transmission, it does not knock your socks off. It drives way better than before and feels more or less "as it should," probably similar to a 5.3 Vortec V8; does not push you back in your seat, but has a nice and wide power range. I am very pleased with it thus far.

Install was a bear mainly because I had to piece some things together and wait on parts. Many thanks to gbaumann, Brian from superchargers online.com, Garrett and Simon from Magnuson, as well as everyone on JeepLab.

I probably will not dyno the Jeep, but I will post some after pictures and I may try and do a 0-60 run.

Recently completed the installation of the pre-owned Magnuson Supercharger that I acquired from gbaumann. I am embarrassed to post pictures now because I have a jerry-rigged PCV breather/catch-can setup made of scraps. I was not planning on bending stainless steel as the gbaumann, but now I am actually considering that, maybe with copper. I purchased some type M 1/2" cooper and figured I would plumb it with push-fittings and use rubber hoses at the catch can.

Regarding the Magnuson with my Manual Transmission, it does not knock your socks off. It drives way better than before and feels more or less "as it should," probably similar to a 5.3 Vortec V8; does not push you back in your seat, but has a nice and wide power range. I am very pleased with it thus far.

Install was a bear mainly because I had to piece some things together and wait on parts. Many thanks to gbaumann, Brian from superchargers online.com, Garrett and Simon from Magnuson, as well as everyone on JeepLab.

I probably will not dyno the Jeep, but I will post some after pictures and I may try and do a 0-60 run.
    Dude, you owe me at least one picture! (and maaaaybe a video)

what is the rest of your truck like? you got steel parts? The mag with a manual trans was fast as hell in sweet pea. I could barely keep up with her on the turnpike.