For those of you that have read the few posts that I contributed in the RIPP vs Magnuson shootout thread, you know that I've had my Magnuson installed on my 3.6 for almost a year and a half now. I live in Texas and I'm using the high altitude pulley. My 2012 4dr Rubicon is a heavy rock crawler with steel skids, bumpers, 40" tires, 5.13 gears, Dana 80 rear axle, Dana 60 front axle, etc... and the additional power from the supercharger was a welcome change. I did the install myself over a weekend in my garage. The only real complaint that I've had with the supercharger has been the poor shifting characteristics with my 5 speed auto. Magnuson told me that they couldn't crack the transmission control module (TCM) encryption, so they tried to work the engine tune to compensate. My work around was to manually shift or lift off the gas slightly to let it shift on its own. It was frustrating, but doable.

The reason for my update is to inform you that Magnuson now has a way to re-flash the TCM to make the auto transmission shift like it did before the addition of the supercharger. I pulled my TCM and sent it to them for the re-flash. I hope to have it back early next week. I'll post my findings after I run it for a few days with the re-flash. I just wanted to let people that had the auto transmission and for those with the auto that have been holding off on the supercharger purchase because of the shift issues that there might be hope on the horizon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160102 with JREP59.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1680