Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
Excellent post!
Timmy,

Thank you! Your experience and advice is appreciated and well received. I have started the process of gathering my receipts (I am glad I have saved them all). I just got off the phone with the Jeep Dealer and they are going to provide me with today's cost of an identically equipped Rubi to add to my binder of documentation.

I went to the collision center today and spoke to their estimator. He said the drivers side frame rail is complete toast, but that they could get me a brand new frame and pull my intact parts off old frame, along with replacement parts in 30-40 hours. I indicated to him, that I would like to see the jeep totaled and start anew. Your advice is exactly what he said I needed to do (minus the part about dealer pricing), so looks like tonight will be spent gathering invoices, trying to remember all mods seen and unseen and go into this with knowledge.
As far and one question posted on JL about removing parts, I was told the insurance company will not allow one to "Cherry Pick" undamaged parts, accessories, etc. I don't know if all insurance companies work this way. Perhaps someone can comment on this topic.

Thanks again,

FF