Close

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Didn't you have a dyno run of stock in 3rd gear that allowed you to test the full RPM range?
    I have the 3rd gear pull for stock, but 4th gear is the better 1 to 1 ratio. I don't have a 3rd gear dyno for the supercharged trucks.

If you want to see them on the same chart, its going to be in 4th gear. The 3rd gear number I think was about 185, I don't have a supercharged 3rd gear pull to put beside it.

I think a complete 3rd gear pull is still better than an incomplete 4th gear pull. The difference in the results shouldn't be that big. You could compare the 3rd and 4th gear stock torque curves (plotted against RPM rather than speed) to confirm that there's not a significant difference.

Give us the torque!!

Here is the power chart the way pickles wants it....or as close as I can get it.

The 2 superchargers are in 4th gear. The stock line is power in 3rd gear. I just laid the stock 3rd gear pull over the 4th gear pull and its pretty much the same line till the spot where the 4th gear pull hits the speed limiter.

So this should be pretty close to accurate. BUT THESE TRUCKS ARE NOT ALL IN THE SAME GEAR.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JeepLab Magnuson Ripp Stock 3rd gear.jpg 
Views:	1314 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	496

Torque is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Here is the power chart the way pickles wants it....
    Thanks for appeasing me

I like how the stock dyno pull started down near 1000 RPM. All the "I need loads of torque off-idle or else it's useless for me" people are going to complain that we can't see the torque gains in the 1000-2000 RPM range. Then there will be conspiracy theories about how you purposely avoided charting that area with the superchargers because of the lack of gains there.

Guess you have to start over :-p. When you get your hands on the Prodigy turbo, can you try to start that dyno pull as low as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Give us the torque!!
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Then there will be conspiracy theories about how you purposely avoided charting that area with the superchargers because of the lack of gains there.

Guess you have to start over :-p. When you get your hands on the Prodigy turbo, can you try to start that dyno pull as low as possible?
    You realize, im not operating the truck on the dyno. Im standing 30 ft away. Then they email me the file. That stock dyno is at a different shop from the SC dynos also.

I can ask them to start the line as early as possible I guess.

Torque!

Here's the torque chart.

Same story as horsepower, Magnuson at the bottom, Ripp at the top.

Both Kill the stock numbers by close to 100 lb/ft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JeepLab Mag RIPP Stock Torque.jpg 
Views:	1886 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	520

Looks like the Magnuson might not have as big of an advantage over the RIPP at low rpms as people seem to assume based on the centrifugal vs roots-type generalizations. Although, it's impossible to know what the story is below 2000 rpm with certainty based on this chart. But as I've already shown thanks to the magic of math, 2000 rpm looks to be a low enough rpm to be useful for general off-roading: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?33...full=1#post802

Great stuff Ross. And Pickles that is also right on math. The only thing I would add is that it is available power, It comes in as needed. If you don't have your foot in it you not going to get much if any increase in power. Which you might not want all the time. But if you need to suddenly scrabble up a loose hill then it is all right there. I assumed that the Maggie would have the edge in low speed and feel. I am surprised at just how close they are at low speed. The Maggie has the smoother curve of the two at low speed, which should be fuel and spark curve management. I love to crawl but I also love blasting across the lake beds. This is just some great stuff. Having had some experience with building turbo motors I am really looking forward to the third installment. Done right it should beat both of them across the board.