Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RIPP vs. Magnuson...SuperCharger Shootout!

I thought that Black Betty and Sweet Pea are pretty similar: both Manual Transmissions, 4.10 rears, probably both have relatively big tires and equivalent lifts; unless all of this was just temporary for Dyno and 0-60 times during the shootout?

I do not think that recording real-world MPG over time is meaningless. Threads on MPG tend to become meaningless because owners read the "lie-o-meter" and do not hand-calculate and note fuel type, mods, top-off, hard top, type of driving, etc.

I figure this is JeepLab, so cost per HP/Torque is as valid as average cost per mile. Not trying to do some scientific EPA-like study, just what guys are actually averaging over time, which includes WOT accelerations, wheeling, commuting, or whatever else they're doing.

Am I the only guy using Fuelly? I find that it is a very good tool for many things, especially knowing what it costs per mile to drive, which really gives an idea of the true cost of ownership along with maintenance, repair, and modification spreadsheets.
    Last edited by doc5339; 10-18-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")